Angela and Jacques may have had to overcome a few obstacles during their romantic and elegant wedding, but it didn’t stop them or their guests from having a celebration full of love and blissful moments!
Angela & Jacques overcame many obstacles on their wedding day. The wedding was supposed to take place outside, but moved inside because of rain. The power went in the church until moments before the ceremony. Everyone had to get ready in their homes…It all turned out great.Solomon Johnson (Photographer)
For Angela, her first dance with her husband and dance with her father are moments she will never forget.
It was the first time my father and I danced, as well as my first dance with my husband. I am not a dancer. It took a lot to get me to that moment.Angela (Bride)
See the beautiful details below!
- Couple: Angela & Jacques
- Occupations: Teacher / Business Owner
- Wedding Date: 7/10/21
- Wedding Location: Parkview Christian Life Center
- Reception Location: Lake Ashton Club House
- Bridesmaids’ Gifts: Hair accessories, jewelry, make up with gift bags.
- Groomsmen Gifts: Deposit for wedding attire, bottle openers, and gift bags.
- Gifts to one another: To the Groom – Versace shades, Maganni Shoes, Custom cufflinks, and Jimmy Choo cologne. To the Bride – 2021 ES350 F Sport Lexus with red interior, bath and body works gift set, and a Gold bracelet.
- Ceremony entrance song: (Groom) Man Right Chea by Mystikal. (Bride) Giving Myself by Jennifer Hudson.
- First dance song: Can We Talk by Tevin Campbell.
How did you meet?
We met at Five Star Finish, Jacques’s carwash.
Tell us about the proposal
The proposal was a surprise on November 14, 2020. Jacques informed me that we were going to his sister’s formal dinner. It was amazing!
Bride: Sophisticated sheath blush wedding gown with sequin and Swarovski crystal embellishments, a deep illusion v-neckline, and a deep illusion back. The shoes were Jimmy Choo Romy Lace Pump. Pearl accessories were from Lily’s Bridal.
Groom: Ivory Slimfit three-piece suit with blush bowtie. He wore custom cufflinks in remembrance of his father. The shoes were Maganni Oxford Style Sneakers in calf leather with brogue trim.
Wedding Shopping Experience
My wedding shopping experience was private, intimate, and personal. I went dress shopping alone. My final fitting was done with my maid of honor.
Because Jacques is Haitian, we incorporated Haitian Creole food into the menu.
What is your best memory from your wedding day?
My best memories from our wedding day were our first dance and my first dance with my father. These two moments were very intimate and personal. It was also the first time my father and I danced, as well as my first dance with my husband. I am not a dancer. It took a lot to get me to that moment. Jacques’s best memories from our wedding day were my entrance into the ceremony and our reception entrance.
What advice would you give to engaged couples?
The best advice I would give engaged couples is to communicate effectively. Don’t assume you know what each other wants. Forgive, cherish every moment, and love unconditionally.
- Decorator/Day of Coordinator: Step Aside Designs
- Planning: In Honor Events
- Photography/Videography: Our Story Imagery
- Caterer: Haitian Creole Caterer
- Cakes: America Caterer
- Hair: Braids for Less
- Wedding Dress: Maggie Sottero
- Bride’s Shoes: Jimmy Choo
- Makeup: Kiara (KSlayy) Harris
- Bridesmaids Dresses: Cinderella Bridal
- Maid/Matron dress/shoes: Windsor
- Bride Bouquet Umbrella: Step Aside Events (Willie Ortega)
- 360 Camera / Cold Fireworks: Step Aside Events
- DJ / Fog: DJ Bowlegz
- Bridesmaid Fans bouquet: Efavor