Sometimes the briefest encounters can change our lives. Linnea and Vince both attended the same university, knew the same people and were even introduced at a party once, but months passed before they had a proper conversation and began dating. As time passed the two grew closer, in 2011 Vince spent Christmas with her family at her grandfather house. She was excited to show him a creek that was nearby since she and her cousin spent a lot of time there playing and as they grew older as a place to think. They ended up getting lost, but he managed to find the way to path after they began to turn back, as they stood in the woods checking for stray bugs in her hair he looked at her and expressed his undying love, asking her to be his wife. Their wedding was as relaxed as the proposal. They did not have a specific theme, but choose bright and colorful hues to create a cheery and elegant summer wedding. The green and purple flowers highlighted their rooftop ceremony, which was coordinated by Z. Curlett Events at Ventanas Atlanta. Their photographer Fotos by Fola captured the couples intimate, but fun wedding with photos, which showed their first steps into forever.
- Wedding Date: 08/11/2013
- Wedding Location: Ventanas, Atlanta, Georgia
- Wedding Theme: There was no theme. We just started with a color pallet of green and purple. We decided to have an early ceremony with a brunch to make traveling easier for our guest who all had to travel. Since it was a summer wedding, we wanted to make sure it was bright, cheerful, and elegant.
- Color Scheme: Green and Purple
- Wedding Flowers: The arrangements were beautiful and full of color and featured hydrangeas, which were my other grandmother’s favorite flowers.
- First Dance Song: “Mo Better” by Raheem DeVaughn
- Wedding Cake Flavors: Strawberry with Cream Cheese icing and the Groom’s cake was Red Velvet with Cream Cheese icing
- Wedding Menu Favorite: The shrimp and grit bar
- Bridesmaids Gifts: Jewelry and a bridesmaid survival kit complete with flip flops, pretty wine glass, and a bottle of my favorite wine
- Groomsmen Gifts: Monogrammed handkerchief, personalized flasks, and a bottle of Ciroc.
I may not be a size 6 (and did not lose all of the weight I intended either), but a simple mermaid cut dress with a corset does wonders for everyone body type. I decided on an Ivory Mori Lee Dress that was simple yet elegant and fit the venue perfectly. I am also not the lace and tiara princess type of girl so it fit my personality as well. Favorite Wedding Accessory – I actually have two. My grandmother’s sapphire and diamond ring which I wore as my something borrowed and blue (although my grandfather allowed me to keep it)! It was a great way to have a piece of her there with me on my wedding day. Secondly, of course my Georgia Bulldog garter!
Incorporation of Culture
I would say are tradition of jumping of the broom and the symbolism of the unity candle ceremony between our families.
Most Memorable Moment
When my father and grandfather gave me away and Vince and I stood in front of my cousin Andre (who is the pastor that married us); there was a distinct calmness and unexpected breeze that passed over us. The unexpected serenade by Tye Tribbett.
The best overall advice I can give to engaged couples is to remember that the wedding isn’t as important as the marriage. Regardless of the time planning, money spent, or mishaps on your wedding day the most important thing is that at the end of the day you are married! Secondly – Ladies do not get upset if your soon-to-be husband is not that interested in hearing every wedding detail or talking about it every day! As long as they are a part of the important stuff food tasting, cake tasting, and possibly the music and DJ selection, more often than not that is all that concerns them besides of course ensuring your happiness!
- Venue: Ventanas
- Photographer: Fotos by Fola
- Floral and Event Décor: The Savage Garden
- Chair Rental: Sweet Seats
- Coordinator: Z. Curlett Events
- Cake: EJ’s Sweets
- Caterer: Proof of the Pudding
- Transportation: Special Day Limos
- Make-Up: Yurve Artist Agency
- LLC DJ: Malik Wright