COVID-19 did not stop Terry and Tanisha from having a gorgeous wedding.
The fashionable couple who met at work decided to wed in the backyard of a beautiful home and the results were fabulous. Tanisha shares, “Our theme was “Everything Is Love” which was influenced by Jay-Z & Beyonce’s last album together ‘The Carters’. Our musical selections were instrumentals from this classic album. Our theme exhibited successful people who work in the same industry allowing opportunities to collaborate for the continual success of 2 Bosses.”
See all of the gorgeous details from this beautiful backyard wedding below!
- Couple: Terry and Tanisha Tyler
- Wedding Date: 07/04/2020
- Wedding Location: Poquoson, VA (Personal Home)
- Bridesmaids & Groomsmen Gifts: We purchased Gucci Boutonnieres for Best-man & all the Groomsmen as a token of our appreciation. For the Bridesmaids their gowns, flower bouquet & heel stoppers were all pre-paid by the Bride to avoid them any expense. Also, the Bridesmaids received a gift bag with Spa products such as facial products, hair treatments, fragrance, etc.
- Ceremony Entrance song: “Bonnie & Clyde” (Jay-Z & Beyonce) for Bride, the wedding party walked to “Friends” (Jay-Z & Beyonce)
- Ceremony Exit song: “Love Happy” (Jay-Z & Beyonce)
- First Dance Song: Guy “Lets Chill”
How They Met
We both work for the same company, so we’ve crossed each other’s paths occasionally over the years on the job-site, as well as seen each other at local social events after work hours.
Terry made arrangements with our blended family included to surprise me at the Washington DC Lincoln Memorial. He proposed to me at the very top of the steps where the massive Abraham Lincoln statue is located.
Our theme was “Everything Is Love” which was influenced by Jay-Z & Beyonce last album together “The Carters”. Our musicals were instrumentals from this classic album. Our theme exhibited successful people who work in the same industry allowing opportunities to collaborate for the continual success of 2 Bosses. These two artists inspired the idea.
Our style of attire was modern & chic a different simple but classy clean look. The dress was elegantly crafted as translucent to provide a see-thru illusion that was different from what you see in the traditional wedding gown. It was lightweight material to accommodate for the spring/summer season. The primary Rose Gold color was also inspired by the aforementioned album. The Groom & Bridesmaids wore that color. The shopping experience went well & didn’t take long to determine how to incorporate the ivory, plum/chocolate colors into the Groomsmen & Bridesmaids ensembles.
Incorporation of Culture
The only culture/social group was incorporating hip-hop music instrumentals that the vocalist sung, a musical piece created by the violinist & the DJ’s playlist during the actual ceremony.
Best Wedding Memory
When the groom shed tears at the alter from seeing his daughter cry. Also, when the Bride entered during the evening dinner reception & unexpectedly performed a dance for the guests. In addition to our children giving speeches of each parent during the reception.
Have a contingency plan in place to substitute wedding party members for unforeseen circumstances, as well as changes to the venue due to weather conditions. Also, hire a cleaning staff if the venue is at your personal home.
- Photographer: Andre Lamar Photography @andrelamarphotography_
- Event Planner/Coordinator: @modishmuse
- MUA: @ayadehealthandbeauty
- Florist: @graceful_designsva
- Hair Salon: @weavechics
- Videographer: @vizinkweddings
- Caterer: @ChefMoDiva
- Bakery: @Cake_Tasha1985
- Vocalist: @Theofficial_LA
- Violinist: @Odysseusofficial
- DJ: @Krypto1911
- Tuxedos: @miguelsuits
- Accessories/Dress: Valdrin Sahiti & Davids Bridal
- Boutonniere & Earrings: Gucci
- Custom Face Masks: @A_and_T_printing
- Shoes: Bride (Christian Louboutin – Pigalle Follies Glittered Red Sole Pumps, White Pigalle Follies Glittered Red Sole Pumps, White); Groom (Christian Louboutin (Men’s Dandelion Gold Glitter Formal Slippers)