Shu’Chemia and Jaquan’s fabulous winter wonderland-themed wedding was an ode to their favorite season.
From the striking blue, white, and silver color scheme to snowflakes falling during their first dance, the couple evoked the spirit of winter in an uber chic and classy way. Shu’Chemia shares, “We wanted a winter wonderland theme but in an elegant way that didn’t overpower the use of winter symbols like snowflakes, snowmen, etc.”
Read more about their love story and see all of the gorgeous photos from their winter wedding below.
- Couple: Shu’Chemia Nicole Bradley and Jaquan Marquis Williams
- Occupations: Owner/Operator (Jaquan) Educator/Life Coach/Hair Stylist (Shuchemia)
- Wedding date: December 5, 2020
- Wedding location: Stonebridge Event and Garden Center
- Ceremony entrance song: “On the Run part 2” – Jay z and Beyoncé
- First dance song: Ed Sheeran ft Beyoncé -“Perfect”
How did you meet?
Tell us about the proposal
It was intimate. Jaquan and the daughter of the bride proposed together. Jaquan recited a beautiful paragraph about his feelings, then asked the bride’s daughter to open the ring box in which she handed it over to him. He proceeded to get down on one knee and proposed.
Describe your wedding style.
The wedding style was elegant, simple but made a statement in the details. We wanted a winter wonderland theme but in an elegant way that didn’t overpower the use of winter symbols like snowflakes, snowmen, etc. the wedding attire was elegant as well. We wanted something different which was represented in the dresses the bridesmaids wore to the style of the groomsmen suits. My dress was pretty, soft, and elegant.
What is your best memory from your wedding?
The best memory was when the brides dad gave her over to the groom. It symbolized a change because for so long the brides dad was the lead man in her life. The father daughter first dance was emotional and also symbolized this. Words of comfort and change are discussed between the bride and her dad which made them both emotional but happy about the change.
What is the best wedding advice you can give to engaged couples?
To always focus on you and your partner. Remember it’s all about you two. Weddings reveal a lot about family and friends that will make you question their loyalty, motives and supportiveness. Don’t let that distract you. Remember to get the focus on the bigger cause which is you marrying the love of your life.
- Wedding Planner: The Diva Wedding Planner
- Wedding Designer: Final Touch Designs
- Tables, Chairs, Uplighting, Ceiling Lighting: IlluminationsSC
- Wedding Photographer: Logan Jay Photography
- 2nd Photographer: Designs Only Valerie Harrell
- Snow Machine: Ambient Media: Event Lighting, Sound and Displays
- Wedding Cake: Bonnie Brunt Cakes
- Bridal Gown and Bridesmaids Gowns: Dresses As One Bridal Store
- Wedding Stationery: LMH Stationery and Printing
- Makeup Artists – Legendary Beats by K.Nicole Legendary Beats by K.Nicole Nadia Hall Lavish Looks
- Videographer: J. Grant/ SCAR Media
- Photographer Entertainment: DJ D Dubb
- Caterer: Synsational Catering
- Bartender: RM Enterprises LLC
- Photo Booth: Strike A Pose
- Men’s Fashion: Men’s Suit Warehouse
- Bridal Bouquet: B. Rose Events and Designs