Many girls dream of having a fairytale wedding someday. For Nadia, that dream became a reality on July 5, 2019. The date, July 5th, has a significant meaning. It was when Craig proposed to Nadia. (More about their proposal and engagement story here.) Their fairytale Toronto wedding took place at the historic 88-acre wedding and event venue, The Guild Inn Estate, and featured a picturesque outdoor ceremony followed by an intimate candlelit romantic reception.
We wanted to create a date night atmosphere with our guests. We did not permit children to any component of the wedding day as we wanted everyone to sit back, relax, dance, and have a few drinks!Nadia
Read on for more details and images from this stunning Toronto wedding. Looking for more Canadian vendors? Click here.
- Couple: Nadia Toppin and Craig Irish
- Occupations: Registered Nurse, Heavy Equipment Mechanic
- Wedding date: July 5, 2019
- Wedding location: Guild Inn Estate
- Bridesmaids gifts: I gave my girls a robe, Kate Spade tumblers and hair accessories.
- Gifts for one another: We decided we would not give gifts to each other.
- Ceremony entrance song: 4 string quartet played “At Last” by Etta James
- First dance song: “Why I Love You” by Major, sung by our dear friend and Canadian Idol contestant Matthew Rapley
I originally wanted something form-fitting and sexy but as soon as I tried on my dress, I didn’t want to take it off. I loved every the bling, the flare, the off the shoulder, every piece of it! the wedding dress shopping experience was ah-mazing! I decided to buy my dress in Toronto even though I lived across the country. I went to a few bridal shops, had the shops all to myself, wore Jimmy Choos, sipped on tea, cookies, and champagne, and finally rang the bell at the final stop, Kleinfeld’s. Kleinfeld’s in Downtown Toronto is absolutely beautiful and was definitely a memorable moment.
Did you incorporate any culture into your wedding?
Yes, we are a Caribbean family and spice is very important to us! We got homemade Guyanese pepper sauce made and put on each table to ensure our guests had a little spice on their plate. The sauce was bottled by me (Nadia), sealed, and labels created were a keepsake for our guests which stated “Love is the spice of life”. We also incorporated our traditional Caribbean black cake to provide for our guests.
What is your best memory from your wedding?
My best memory was the food! I am a definite foodie and I was so worried about the food turning out to be just adequate. The Guild Inn exceeded my expectation on the food.
Work together, establish a budget, and start planning early because time flies!
- Photography: Nolasco Images @nolascoimage
- Bride and Bridesmaids hair: Hair by Estylez @hairbyestylez
- Bride/MOH makeup: Daneille Mattis MUA @daneillemattismua
- Bridesmaid makeup: Neo’s Beauty @neosbeauty
- Wedding Gown: Eve of Milady @eveofmilady
- Bridesmaid Dresses: White Runway @whiterunway
- Venue: Guild Inn Estate @guildinnestate
- Decor: Elite Decor by S&S @elitedecorbysns
- Stationery: Scripts by Asif @scriptsbyasif