For the lucky ones young love does not fizzle out after the initial butterflies have wavered. Jasmine and Mark had been friends since high school and went to the same university; they began dating and became engaged last December with a nostalgic, sweet proposal. They had a lovely wedding in Pensacola, Florida with a fun and classy beachfront reception. The bride looked gorgeous in her Kleinfeld gown as she walked down the aisle to her groom; he smiled as she came closer. After their nuptials, they headed to their reception. The couple was having being playful and having fun as they made their way around the ballroom smiling and greeting their guests. Their photographer, Cendino Teme Photography captured amazing photos, which accurately depicted the fun-loving mood of the wedding. We wish the happy couple the best!
- Wedding Date: 02/15/2014
- Wedding Location: Greater Little Rock Baptist Church (Wedding Venue) and Sanders Beach-Corinne Jones Resource Center (Reception Venue
- Wedding Theme: Simple yet Sophisticated Southern Style
- Color Scheme: Gold and White
- Wedding Flowers: Long-stem Calla Lily Flowers
- First Dance Song: “All of Me” by John Legend
- Wedding Cake Flavors: Wedding Cupcake Tower of 200 vanilla flavored cupcakes with butter cream icing
- Wedding Menu Favorite: The mashed potatoes were our favorite, but the beef carving station came in close second!
- Bridesmaids Gifts: Bridesmaids received their wedding day earrings in a heart shaped jewelry box
A Sophia Moncelli wedding gown exclusive to Kleinfeld Bridal New York. A form fitting embellished mermaid gown with corset back. Favorite wedding accessory was a beautiful borrowed bracelet previously owned by my deceased grandmother, given to me by my mother on my wedding day. My Badgley Mischka Buzz pumps were second favorite!
Incorporation of Culture
Stayed true to common African American culture and tradition by “jumping the broom.”
Most Memorable Moment
Best wedding memory by far was looking around the room, seeing all our friends, family, and loved ones reunited, and having such a good time.
If possible, take a year to truly enjoy and savor your engagement period and revel in just being engaged to each other! Take your time planning your big day, paying close attention to the small details.
- Wedding Dress by Sophia Moncelli for Kleinfeld Bridal New York
- Bridesmaids Dresses by Jordan Fashions purchased at “Here Comes the Bridesmaid” Bridal Salon in New York, NY
- Hair Installed by Malissa Parker of Melly Stylez and Love Locs Hair (Tampa, FL), Wedding Day Hair Style by Jennifer Demps of Signature Stylez Salon (Pensacola, FL)
- Makeup Artist: Adetoun Sanders of “Makeup by Luvie”
- Shoes: Badgley Mischka Buzz Pumps
- Ceremony Location: Greater Little Rock Baptist Church
- Reception Location: Sanders Beach-Corinne Jones Resource Center
- Photography: Cendino Teme Photography
- Videography: Marvin Carter II of 2Klose Productions
- Wedding Coordinator: Occasions by Carla
- Ceremony Decor: Extra Specialty Events
- Reception Decor: MarryMe Wedding Rentals
- Wedding Cupcake Tower: Classy Unique Cakes by Doris
- By Invitation Only, Inc. Platinum Stationary
- Reception Menus by MarryGrams
- Caterer: Cole’s Catering
- Reception Designer: A Lil Touch of Elegance