Ryan and Krystle went for full-on glam for their romantic ballroom wedding in New Jersey.
The gorgeous couple first met in elementary school. Krystle reminisces, “We shared some puppy love crushes and lost contact during our high school years. During winter break of my Sophomore year in college, we ran into each other at a sneaker store. We were both too shy to speak, so he reached out to me on Myspace. We reconnected and have been together ever since.”
After Ryan proposed during a party to celebrate Krystle’s birthday and the completion of her Master’s Degree, the couple dove into wedding planning. Envisioned Events by Suzette worked with the couple to plan their gorgeous outdoor ceremony, and chic ballroom reception, which included a grand elevator entrance from the floor.
Keep scrolling to see all of the fabulous details.
- Couple: Ryan & Krystle Tolliver
- Wedding Date: 07/11/2021
- What gifts did y0u give to your bridesmaids and groomsmen: I gave my bridesmaids a custom Lavish Beauty Basket box with a candle, a robe, a custom hanger, a lip balm, a handwritten letter, a mini fan, and little wine nips. The groomsmen received custom socks, a custom flask and shot glass. We also gave them a small bottle of their drink of choice.
- Gifts for one another: I gave my husband custom cufflinks in memoriam of his late mother and grandmother. Ryan gave me a pandpra bracelet and tickets to see Ledisi in concert.
- Ceremony entrance song: “Love Like This” by Faith Evans and Fatman Scoop
- First dance song: “Best Part” by H.E.R and Daniel Caesar
How did you meet?
Ryan and I grew up together in Paterson, NJ and we met in elementary school. We shared some puppy love crushes and lost contact during our high school years. During winter break of my Sophomore year in college, we ran into each other at a sneaker store. We were both too shy to speak, so he reached out to me on Myspace. We reconnected and have been together ever since.
Tell us about the proposal.
Ryan planned a surprise party for me to celebrate my birthday and the completion of my Master’s Degree. He had planned it for months and had my friends and family in on it. On the day of the party, I thought we were going to quiet dinner. Instead, I was surprised by a host of my friends and family. After I blew out my candles for my cake, I turned around and found him on one knee. After 11 years, he asked me to be his wife. With our four-year-old in my arms, I SAID YES!!
Our wedding style was romantic glam. I wore a custom Pantora Gown with a jeweled mermaid bodice and a glamorous ruffle train. Ryan wore a custom wine-colored tuxe with exquisite details.
What was the wedding shopping experience like for you?
Our shopping experience was pretty smooth. I knew going in that I wanted as many black wedding vendors as possible. When we were given the opportunity to do the Muna Seranade, it helped us complete our vendor list.
Did you incorporate any culture into your wedding?
While I am half Nigerian, we did not do anything traditional in that sense, but we did jump the broom.
What is your best memory from your wedding?
My best memory from our wedding was the first look. It was such an intimate moment for just us two. My second would be our grand elevator entrance because it set the vibe for the reception.
What is the best wedding advice you can give to engaged couples?
A wedding is a production so get a planner! And enjoy your day!!
- Wedding Planner: Envisioned Events by Suzette
- Hotel: DoubleTree by Hilton Inn Fairfield
- Ceremony and Reception Venue: The Grand
- Bride’s Hairstylist: Hair At Ease
- Bride’s MUA: Juicy Looks by Abby
- Bridesmaids/ M.O.B MUA: Faces by KinkyCurly Sue
- DJ: TSG Productions
- Florist: Ritz Walton Collection
- Officant: Pastor John Algera
- Photographer/Videographer: JGiordano Photography
- Stylist: Bri Styled It
- Bridal Gown: Pantora Bridal
- Transportation: Excellent Limo
- Cake: Calandra’s Italian Village
- Cigars: Vanessa’s Smoke Break
- Vocalist: Tiger James Pierson