Edward and Rosalyn met the night of her graduation from nursing school at a local night club in 2010. Six years later, they were engaged!
They took their time to plan the wedding of their dreams. It was an elegant affair with a theme of “black tie garden chic.” Greenery was purposefully infused into the decor to achieve the bride’s vision of a “secret romantic enchanted garden”. A gazebo draped in ivory linens with delicately placed greenery served as the perfect backdrop their nuptials and sweetheart table.
But, the real showstoppers were the fashionable bride and groom in her custom curve-hugging gown and his tailored to perfection tuxedo! See all of the beautiful details below.
- Names of couple: Edward Garrett III and Rosalyn Garrett
- Occupations: Rosalyn is an RN and Edward is a Civil Engineer
- Wedding date: October 19, 2019
- Wedding location: Museum of Contemporary Art in Virginia Beach, Virginia
- Bridesmaids and groomsmen gifts: I gave my bridesmaids their robes, earrings, bags with their names on it, and paid for hair and makeup. He got the groomsmen cigars and a bottle of their favorite alcoholic beverage.
- Gifts for one another: He gave me Chanel perfume and I gave him Gucci cologne.
- Ceremony entrance song: “As” by Marsha Ambrosius and Anthony Hamilton
- First dance song: “Cupid” by 112
How did you meet?
Edward and Rosalyn met the night of her graduation from nursing school at a local night club in 2010. Edward saw Rosalyn, got her name and number and the rest is history.
Tell us about the proposal.
On a quiet Sunday afternoon, at Rosalyn’s father’s home in August of 2016. Edward got on one knee in front of Rosalyn’s closet family members and asked for Rosalyn’s hand in marriage. Elated at the surprise Rosalyn quickly said yes.
Describe your wedding attire.
The event was black tie. My dress was custom made with the very current and trendy lace design with rhinestones decorating the sweetheart neckline. Smaller rhinestones lined the dress straps. His tux coat was also custom-designed by me(Rosalyn) it was blush with black satin lapel and gold buttons. He wore black pants with a satin stripe down the side and an oversized bow tie completed the look. I wanted everything to appear very elegant, clean and well put together.
What was the wedding shopping experience like for you?
Because my dress and jumpsuit was custom made I didn’t have that whole “ say yes to the dress” moment nor did I go to any stores. I did however do a lot of research of styles from various blogs and websites that was tedious at times.
What is your best memory from your wedding?
Our first dance. It was my favorite song and I had forgotten to tell my husband that I got fog for the first dance. He and all the guests were so surprised and in awe. It was the cutest moment.
What is the best wedding advice you can give to engaged couples?
Future brides and grooms, you will spend the rest of your life reliving this moment in your head, choose wisely, make sure it feels right, and most importantly make it count. There’s nothing worse than looking back and wishing you could have done something differently.
- Photography: Will Hawkins Photography
- Hair: Kiya Gee
- Makeup: Bellavita Artistry
- Bridal Gown and Jump Suit: Travian VANN
- Bride and Groom Shoes: Christian Louboutin
- Groom and groomsmen tux: Miguel’s Formal Wear
- Wedding Planner: Sunkissed Events
- Florist: Graceful Designs
- Lighting and Drapery: Blue Steel
- Linen and Chairs: Waterford Event Rentals
- Place Settings: Distinctive Event Rentals
- DJ/ Photobooth: Astro Entertainment
- 1960 Rolls Royce: Sand Shark Limousines
- Venue: Museum of Contemporary Art (MOCA)
- Caterer: Omar’s Carriage House
- Bridesmaids dress: Ziccardi and Hope
- Bridesmaids Hair: The Flawless Touch
- Paper Goods: Minted
- Cake: Carries Cakes
- Flower Girl dresses: Ellaz Bridal