Nadine just wanted to have a laid-back girls’ night out with her friends. She did not know the night would evolve into a co-ed gathering that would introduce her to the love of her life.
There she was, sitting in her car when Fred approached with a huge grin on his face. She just rolled her eyes. Again, she simply wanted to enjoy the night with her girlfriends. But call it fate, Nadine and Fred ran into each other a few weeks later at a birthday party. He approached Nadine with the same infectious smile and said, “There’s no way you’re going to be mean to me at a kids’ party, and I’m not leaving without your number.” Finally, he got Nadine to smile, and it was the beginning of their beautiful relationship.
One day Fred randomly asked Nadine, “Does it matter when a guy proposes to his girlfriend; like does it always have to be on an Anniversary?” Nadine said, “No… but I would want my own date… I’m not sharing my date with any holiday like 4th of July or Christmas.” Welp, surprise- Fred proposed on Christmas Day. Nadine was assigned to be the “camera girl” for a Secret Santa event. As she perfectly captured the moment everyone found out their secret santa, Fred was behind her with the best gift of all- an engagement ring. Nadine recalls, “As I turned around, he knelt down on one knee with both the ring in hand and that best smile I know and asked ‘Will you marry me?’ I cried ‘Yes!’ Thank God he didn’t listen to me because Christmas 2019 was so perfect.”
Initially, they wanted to wed in August 2020, their anniversary month. However, as with many couples, COVID-19 shifted their plans. They decided to marry in December, but as the end of the year approached they did not have any formal arrangements made. They considered a courthouse wedding, but they decided to pray on it, and the date December 12, 2020 stood out. Which was literally 2 weeks away. Nadine shares, “As we marked our calendar we realized the courthouse was going to be closed due to it falling on a Saturday. We then decided to have both the ceremony and gathering in a home instead.” They knew they needed a planner, so they hired Tres Elegant Event and Decor who helped them find a bigger venue one week before their wedding, so everyone could safely and comfortably celebrate their love! When you bet on true love, everything will fall into place. Their boho chic wedding looked like it took a year to plan as it was nothing short of perfection.
See all of the details from their glam bohemian wedding, featured in our Winter 2021 magazine, below.
- Couple: Fredelin & Nadine Fortune
- Location of Wedding: Lavan Venue, Dania Beach, Florida
- Wedding Date: December 12, 2020
- Wedding flowers: Carnation caramel, Dahlia Café Au, Assorted Roses & Dry flowers, and Pampas Grass
- First dance song: K-Ci & Jojo – All My Life
- Advice for brides: Be Patient, Communicate, & Fast
- Photography: Reem Photography
- Bride’s dress: Galia Lahav
- Bride’s headpiece and/or veil: Hair Piece by SuRiena Bridal
- Bride’s shoes: Jimmy Choo
- Cakes/desserts: Lux Cakery
- Catering: Dory’s Event Catering
- Ceremony venue: Lavan Venue
- Event decor/design: Tres Elegant Event & Decor
- Entertainment: Zoe Poze & DJ J-Style
- Event planner: Patricia Sam of Tres Elegant Event and Décor
- Florals: Petal Productions
- Groom’s attire: GARÇON COUTURE
- Groomsmen attire: Men’s Warehouse
- Hair: Relentless Touch
- Lighting: Lavan Venue
- Linens: Petal Productions
- Makeup: Tia Codrington
- Reception venue: Lavan Venue
- Rentals: Petal Productions & LP Rentals
- Stationery: MPE Event Group
- Videography: Bridges Cinema