When Chichi proposed to Ifeoma, they felt like they were on top of the world. Literally. He proposed when they reached the top of a Ferris wheel overlooking Washington D.C.
It was only right that their beautiful “Summer Amor” themed wedding was just as spectacular. Their nuptials began with a traditional, Catholic, church wedding in Virginia. Guests then headed to the glamorous reception at the 5-star Ritz Carlton Hotel, complete with a custom dance floor and five-tier wedding cake.
In addition to the stunning decor, the Udochi’s wedding was full of memorable moments. Ifeoma and Chichi’s parents surprised them with a performance by Mapy – The Violin Queen, who serenaded the couple and their guests with popular, classically infused afro-tunes. The bridesmaids and groomsmen also entertained the couple with a coordinated dance as they were introduced into the reception. Their planner, MunaLuchi Coterie member Pauche’ Events, made sure their day was executed to perfection.
Read more of their love story and see all of their beautiful wedding photos below.
- Couple: Ifeoma & Chichi Udochi
- Occupations: Bride – Finance Executive; Groom – Medical Doctor
- Wedding date: June 22, 2019
- Wedding location: Church Ceremony – Nativity Catholic Church, Burke, VA; Reception – The Ritz-Carlton Hotel, Tysons Corner, VA
- Favorite item on the menu: Old Bay Crab Cake Poblano Remoulade
- Signature Drinks: We named our signature drinks “Yahoo Boy” a Mojito cocktail and “Ginger Me Slowly” a Mai Thai cocktail.
- First dance song: “Bibanke” by Asa
Tell us how you met
We both met at a pre-orientation college meet and greet in Washington DC.
How did he propose?
I (groom) took Iffy to the National Harbor to celebrate her finishing taking CFA level II. Iffy has always liked Ferris wheels, and the National Harbor provided the only Ferris wheel in the DC area. We rode the Ferris wheel, which took us all the way to the top, overseeing the spectacular cityscape. Once it stopped at the very top, I proposed to Iffy (BEST MOMENT EVER!!). As we rode back down and exited, we headed over to one of Iffy’s favorite restaurants for dinner, Rosa Mexicana. Our night ended with fireworks as we finished with dinner.
How did you know he/she was “the one”?
We both can agree that we knew that each of us was the one when we saw how much we respected each other’s ambitions, family values, and love of one another.
Did you incorporate any culture into your wedding?
Yes, we had our traditional wedding in Nigeria and it was great to have family members who could not make it to the US for the church wedding. For our church wedding, we had to have Afrobeats playing and dance routines for the wedding party. At our Reception, we were lucky enough to have the hotel head chef prepare jollof rice as a meal item.
What is your best memory from your wedding?
It was just seeing family and friends enjoying and celebrating our special day with us.
What is the best wedding advice you can give to engaged couples?
It would be to try not to have family members place any important decision making for the wedding. This day is for the bride and groom, and you should both work together to create your special moment.
- Planning & Design: Pauche’ Events
- Photography: Jydiel Studio
- Decor: Bridal Castle Events Decoration
- Cinematography: URC Studio
- LED Production: Phemstar Productions
- Up-Lighting: Phemstar Productions
- Floor & Stage wrap: Phemstar Productions
- Pipe & Draping: Phemstar Productions
- Makeup Artist: The Face Factory MUA
- HairStylist: Unique Berry Hairs
- Wedding Gown: Global Bridal Gallery
- Bridesmaids Gown: Lisa Wu Collection
- Bouquets & Boutineer: Burke Florist
- Groom Suit: Enzo Custom
- Groomsmen Suits: The Black Tux
- Invitation Suite: Shutterfly Wedding Shop
- MC: Tunde Duduskii
- DJ: DJ Young Legend
- Cake: The Ritz-Carlton, Tysons Corner
- Ceremony: Church of the Nativity Burke, VA
- Reception: The Ritz-Carlton, Tysons Corner
- Bridal Prep Hotel: Homewood Suites by Hilton Springfield, VA
- Groom Prep Hotel: The Ritz-Carlton, Tysons Corner
- Bridal Limo Fleet: Swift Limousine, Inc
- Groom’s Limo Fleet: 5 Star Luxury Transportation