Patrick and Canon brought Parisian chic to their New Jersey nuptials in their garden inspired wedding.
The gorgeous couple met during a step show at Rutgers University in 2012. Almost a decade after their first meeting, they were married in a beautiful ceremony featuring elegant ivory florals and decor. The couple’s equally stunning reception was a nonstop party. They changed into sneakers and danced their night away with their family, friends, sorority sisters, and fraternity brothers.
See all of the details below.
- Full names of couple: Patrick Paul and Canon Paul
- Occupations: Patrick: Investment Advisor at JP Morgan, Canon: Sr. Implementation Consultant at Sprinklr
- Wedding date: April 3, 2021
- Wedding location: The Palace at Somerset Park in Somerset, NJ
- What gifts did you give to your bridesmaids and groomsmen: Canon: personalized champagne flutes, masks that matched their dresses, robes, wedding day earrings, personalized hangers, shot glasses, and wedding day make-up. Patrick: shot glasses personalized flasks and masks to match their suitsGifts for one another: Patrick surprised Canon with earrings
- Ceremony entrance song: “If I Ain’t Got You”- Alicia Keys played by a four-string quartet
- First dance song: “I Only Have Eyes for You”- The Flamingos
How did you meet
At a step show at Rutgers University in 2012 didn’t reconnect until 2015.
Tell us about the proposal
Canon was under the assumption that they were having a family dinner (our parents hadn’t met yet), so as we were leaving our old apartment building we stopped to show our parents the community room. She walked in to see about 60 of their close friends and family gathered and when she turned around Patrick was down on one knee!
Simple yet classic/Parisian chic. Canon wore an intricate strapless trumpet dress by Enzoani with a beautiful long train. Patrick wore a classic midnight blue tuxedo.
What was the wedding shopping experience like for you?
I surprisingly found my dress at our 2nd location on the first day. I tried on about 10 dresses in total that day, but this dress immediately made me cry- so I knew it was the one!
Did you incorporate any culture into your wedding?
We followed the African American tradition of jumping the broom.
What is your best memory from your wedding?
Canon: reciting our vows and entering our reception. Patrick: Seeing Canon walk down the aisle.
What is the best wedding advice you can give to engaged couples?
Stay organized, pay in cash (you shouldn’t collect any debt), do what makes both you happy/limit outside opinions, and enjoy your engagement!
- Planner: SoLi Events
- Venue: The Palace at Somerset
- Photographer: MM Studios
- Videographer: Knotty Arts Studio
- Florals: Leah T Williams Events
- 1st gown: Jaehee Bridal
- 2nd gown: David’s Bridal
- Bridal Hair Accessories: SuReina Bridal
- MUA: Sisi Nike
- MUA: Ashley A makeup Artist
- MUA: Shameika Simmmons
- Bride’s & Bridesmaids Hair: Alicia Rose -Two Eight Salon
- Bridesmaid’s Hair: Dash- owner of Dash Colours
- Stationery: Marlie Renee Designs
- String Quartet: Four Shore Strings
- DJ: DJ Wallah
- Personalized gifts: The Simple Shoppe
- Cake: Fancy Cakes