The universe sent Kami two signs that Rob was her perfect match. The digital universe that is. Kami shares, “We matched on Tinder, but I ignored his message. Fate was determined for us to meet, because a few days later we matched on OkCupid!” When they met for their first date, they spent five hours together laughing and talking, and immediately scheduled a second date.
Rob proposed while they were on vacation in Las Vegas. In the middle of dinner, he dropped to one knee while everyone in the restaurant applauded! Kami reminisces, “He gave me a ring that was made from the same stone that his grandfather had proposed to his mother with, and that his father had proposed to his mother with. It was so beautiful and magical.”
Their gorgeous garden wedding in Austin, TX exemplified their theme of modern elegance. Beautiful florals in blush and cream complemented the natural beauty of their garden venue. The succulents in their floral arrangements were a nod to their Central Texas surroundings and Rob’s green thumb. As soon as they saw each other, Rob and Kami burst into tears. Kami was angelic in a full sweetheart A-line gown, her natural tresses adorned with romantic white flowers.
For their lively reception, Kami changed into a custom gown with a feathered skirt. They did not hesitate to get the party started. Kami shares, “Being from big Southern families, the food and the party were also very important to us. We wanted our guests to feel well fed and exhausted from dancing to good music at the end of the night! We made sure our band played ALL the line dances along with great wedding hits. We even had Topo Chico, Austin’s favorite sparkling water, and breakfast tacos at the end of the night.” It was a stunning wedding that perfectly blended Rob and Kami’s personalities with southern charm and modern accents.
- Full names of couple: Kami Smith and Rob McLaughlin
- Occupations: Kami – Director of Business Development, Rob – Development Manager
- Wedding date: February 8, 2020
- Wedding location: The Terrace Club- Dripping Springs, TX
- Bridesmaids and Groomsmen Gifts: Bridesmaids – custom bags and robes; Groomsmen – custom whiskey set
- Gifts for one another: Bride – Kendra Scott jewelry and bouquet; Groom – custom dog socks, college football candle, boudoir shoot book
- Ceremony entrance song: “Best Part” by HER
- First dance song: “Livin for the Love of You” by the Isley Brothers
Rob’s groom’s cake was an LSU cake, which was a nod to his alma mater as well as his passion for LSU football. We also included our dog in as many ways as we could – she was on the groom’s socks, the cake topper, the cocktail menu, and she even had her own big head at the photo booth.
Best Wedding Memories
My best memory is the moment I started walking down the aisle. I had to walk down this set of stairs and the moment they opened the doors, I saw Rob. Both of us burst into tears. I walked towards the man of my dreams. Our eyes stayed locked on each other the entire time I was walking down the aisle. I’ll never forget that feeling. Any time things are challenging I want to remember that moment.
Wedding Advice for Engaged Couples
You get so many opinions and so much information coming to you when you’re in the process of planning your wedding. Stay focused in the midst of the chaos of why you’re doing this and the person that you want to be with forever. It’s so easy to get distracted but stay the course. Also – make a budget and stick with it! Build in lots of room for things you won’t think of initially.
- Photographer: Double Knot Pictures
- Venue: The Terrace Club
- Wedding Cake: Sweet Treets Bakery
- Cake Topper: Lucy Clay Designs
- Groom’s Cake: Paige’s Bake House
- Stationery: Zola
- Florals: Wild Bunches
- Bridal Salon: Blush Bridal Lounge
- Wedding Dress Designer: Stella York
- Bride and Bridesmaids Jewelry: Kendra Scott
- Groom and Groomsmen Attire: The Black Tux
- Second Bridal Dress: Carter Creations
- Hair Flower: Camellias and Curls
- Hair: Tiffany Nicole
- MUA: Nia Ford
- Bridesmaids Dresses: Nordstrom
- Bridesmaid Dress Designer: Alfred Sung
- Bride’s Shoes: Torrid
- Band: Royal Dukes
- Live Music: Beth James Band