Everything going on in the world in 2020, from the global pandemic to losing a close family member, reminded childhood friends Ivorie and David that life is precious and love cannot be taken for granted.
So when David proposed last year during a romantic hiking trip, they knew they wanted to get married immediately despite the ongoing pandemic. To ensure they could celebrate their union with their parents and close family, they opted to have a Micro-Wedding with just seven guests and no bridal party.
They planned their wedding in months with the help of Jihan Amani Francois of Amani Affairs. Ivorie even picked out her dress in ONE day!
Read more about their love story, and see how the Edwards pulled off their fabulous micro wedding below.
- Full names of couple: David Michael Edwards and Ivorie Chante Edwards
- Occupations: Ivorie – Occupational Health Physician; David – Account Manager for the Carolina Panthers of the NFL
- Wedding date: 8.23.20
- Wedding location: Ballantyne Hotel & Resort in Charlotte, NC
- Gifts for one another: Gift for Bride (Personalized Pillow featuring a Concert ticket of one of our favorite concerts together (H.E.R. in Atlanta). Gift(s) for Groom: Diamond Earrings, Tom Ford Glasses.
- Ceremony entrance song: Groom walked with Mom to: Bruno Mars ” 24K Magic, Bride walked with Dad to Anita Baker ” You Bring Me Joy”
- First dance song: Keith Phelps ” Got Me Hooked”
How did you meet?
Our Parents went to College Together at Bennett College in Greensboro, NC. We met at 6 years old.
Tell us about the proposal.
I had planned to propose in Aruba over easter, but the Pandemic caused that trip to be canceled. I kept trying to figure out the perfect time. A very close uncle of mine passed in early May from a heart condition, and it reminded me that life is short, so I planned a hiking trip over memorial day wknd (5/23/20), something Ivorie had been wanting to do. When we got to the top, I was exhausted but I got down on one knee and proposed there. It was a beautiful moment with unbelievable views.
Describe your wedding attire.
We didn’t have a lot of time. Ivorie picked out her dress in ONE day. She ended up with a unique sample dress from a designer who happened to be in the boutique she was shopping in that day. It’s great to know, that no one else will have the exact dress she had.
Did you incorporate any culture into your wedding?
If yes, tell us more. We made sure to Jump the Broom to incorporate the African American cultural moment into our wedding. We also included a sand ceremony.
What is your best memory from your wedding?
The best memory was Ivorie’s father actually walking her down the aisle. He has a health condition and we didn’t think he would be able to walk her, but right at the time for her to walk, he decided he could do it. It was a very emotional moment for everyone.
What is the best wedding advice you can give to engaged couples?
Take it all in. The planning process can be stressful, but once that day arrives, take. it. all. in. That was the best advice we received, and we made sure we were able to do that.
- Planning & Design: @AmaniAffairs
- Venue: @ballantynehotel
- Photography: @glynastanleyphotography
- Videography: @truefaithmediaweddingfilms
- Catering: @galleryrestaurantclt
- Florals: @kelilabeeflowercompany
- Rentals: @cluxinc
- Calligraphy: @southernbeedesigns
- Cake: @kathyallenfinecakes
- Bridal Hair: @jaytheexpert
- Makeup: @glamazonmua
- Barber: @arperry86
- Bridal Boutique: @savvybrideboutique
- Ceremony Dress: @colbyjohnbridalcouture
- Ceremony Heels: @maisonvalentino
- Dinner Dress: @whbm
- Dinner Heels: @louboutinworld
- Menswear Boutique: @formalwearmb
- Ceremony Jacket: #Couture1910
- Ceremony Shoes: @giuseppezanotti
- Dinner Jacket: @josabank
- Dinner Sneakers: @jumpman23 @nike
- Wedding ring/ bands: @diamondsdirect
- Dinner Plum Thicket Pin: @brackishbowties