When Daniel was ready to propose to Tiffany, he knew he had to get the approval of her mother first.
Daniel shares, “Traditional values are very important to Tiffany, and knowing the close-knit bond that she shares with her mom Michelle, I knew the first step in the process would naturally be asking for her daughter’s hand in marriage.”
The incredibly charming couple celebrates their anniversary on the 4th of each month, so Daniel chose to propose on July 4th to ensure Tiffany would not suspect anything. He proposed in front of a large crowd with a photographer secretly positioned to capture everything. Then he took Tiffany to a restaurant where her friends and family were waiting.
For their wedding, they headed to Daniel’s home country of Prague, Czech Republic. It was a beautiful multicultural celebration of family and love. See all of the stunning details below.
- Couple: Tiffany Smith + Daniel Skala
- Occupations: Tiffany (Salon Owner), Daniel (Strategic Development Manager II)
- Wedding date: June 8, 2019
- Wedding location: Prague, Czech Republic
- What gifts did you give to your bridesmaids and groomsmen:
- To the Matron and Maid of Honor: Tiffany & Co engraved necklaces, custom robes, custom t-shirt, champagne flutes, and shot glasses.
- Bridesmaids received: custom robes, custom t-shirt, champagne flutes, and shot glasses.
- Mother and Mother in law received Kendra Scott earrings.
- Father: Custom gift box with personalized flask, custom cufflinks, and father of the groom shirt.
- Best man: Custom gift box with personalized flask, custom cuff links, and Best man shirt
- Groomsmen: Custom gift box with personalized flask, custom cuff links, and groomsmen theme t-shirts
- Gifts for one another:Tiffany gave Daniel sterling silver engraved Tiffany & Co cuff links with a handwritten note.
- Daniel gave Tiffany, Tiffany & Co pearl earrings with a handwritten note.
- Ceremony entrance song: Andrea Bocelli “Con Te Partiro”
- First dance song: Etta James “ At Last” and Des’ree “I’m Kissing You”
How did you meet?
We matched with each other on a dating app called Bumble at the end of February 2017. We went on our first dinner date at an Italian restaurant call North Italia a week later and have been inseparable ever since.
Tell us about the proposal.
Told from Daniel’s perspective: Traditional values are very important to Tiffany and knowing the close-knit bond that she shares with her mom Michelle, I knew the first step in the process would naturally be asking for her daughter’s hand in marriage. With her mom’s blessing, I worked for months with one of the top jewelers in Houston to design Tiffany her dream ring. We celebrate our monthly anniversary on the 4th of each month, and I decided July 4th would be the perfect day in disguise.
I took Tiffany to the Houston waterfall, where I professed my love and proposed in front of a large crowd of strangers along with a pre-positioned photographer that captured the special moment. Directly afterward, I whisked her away to a private room at Mastro’s Steakhouse, where we were cheerfully greeted by 25 of our closest family and friends.
Tiffany remembers the amount of detail that Daniel put into planning that night was magical- every dinner menu was personalized with “Congratulations Tiffany and Daniel,” the room was adorned with “YES” balloons from floor to ceiling, along with a picture slideshow of the couple on every flat screen tv.
Describe your wedding attire.
Tiffany’s matron of honor made an appointment at Winnie Couture for her. Tiffany’s mom, stepmother, and all of her bridesmaids were present. Winnie Couture was the first bridal boutique on the list and it turned out the be a success. Her mother Michelle picked her dress out for her. Daniel wore a slim fit black tuxedo from Bravo tux.
Did you incorporate any culture into your wedding?
Coming from different cultural backgrounds, we find that it really enriches the other person’s perspective. It was extremely important to Tiffany that we incorporate her African American heritage like jumping the broom, binding of the hands with the Kente cloth, and the 3 string unity ring. With Daniel being Czech, we stayed true to a few fo the traditional wedding customs like the sharing of the soup, the sweeping up of the broken dish together, and the kidnapping of the bride.
What is your best memory from your wedding?
Daniels perspective: Seeing Tiffany walking down the aisle in her dress.
Tiffany’s perspective: Having my mom give me away, because she was a single mom and how she’s loved me unconditionally, that moment meant the world to me.
What is the best wedding advice you can give to engaged couples?
Cherish every moment of the process, and never lose sight of the love that you share because that day is about the two of you. Also, make sure to incorporate your heritage and culture so that your wedding reflects who you are and where you come from.
- Event Planners: 34th Street Events + Prague Weddings. Instagram Handle: @34thstreetevents
- Photographer: Lucie Skřečková: Instagram: @lucieskreckova
- Hair/ Makeup: Michaela Buresova
- DJ: Sergei Bertoluci
- Favors: From Sir with Love: Instagram: @Fromsirwithlove
- Florist: Frezia Fleur: Instagram: @fréziafleur
- Dance Floor: Laced Vinyl Shoppe: Instagram: @lacedvinylshoppe
- Stationery: Isabella Invitations: Instagram: @isabellainvitations
- Videographer: Jakub Jenik & videos
- TIFFANY SKALA PERSONAL DETAILS:
- Dress: Winnie Couture
- Shoes: Jimmy Choo
- Tiara: Impression Bridal
- Veil: Bella Tiara LLC
- Custom Engagement & Wedding Band: Rick Antona (owner of Uptown Diamond)
- Earrings: Tiffany & Co
- Bracelets: David Yurman & Tiffany & Co
- Diamond Necklace: Family Vintage
- DANIEL SKALA PERSONAL DETAILS:
- Head to Toe: Bravo Tux
- Cuff Links: Tiffany & Co