Morgan and Will said “I do” at their intimate desert wedding in Phoenix, Arizona!
The couple first met on Hinge and shortly after went on a cozy breakfast date. Will surprised Morgan with a romantic proposal during their housewarming party on New Year’s Eve.
We had decorated the backyard together under the guise of part of the NYE/housewarming party. When we went outside there were photos and doves and a small trunk covered in Disney stickers…Morgan
Their intimate desert wedding had elegant white florals and decor, and featured an amazing all-black vendors team, including a violinist and live painter!
Learn more about their love story and see the beautiful details below!
- Couple: Will Arberry Jr & Morgan Howell
- Occupations: Revenue Auditor & Licensed Professional Counselor
- Wedding date: 5/25/2022
- Wedding location: Different Point of View
- Gifts for bridesmaids and groomsmen: The bridesmaids received tote bags hand embroidered by the bride with black-owned nude goddess candles, shades, and a letter. The groomsmen received cigars.
- Gifts for one another: Will received a letter and Morgan got a charm for her bracelet.
- Ceremony entrance song: Will – “Dior” by Pop Smoke; Morgan – “A Whole New World” by Zayn and Zhavia Ward both played on violin
- First dance song: “Lifer” by Florida Georgia Line
How did you meet?
We met on Hinge and our first date was breakfast.
Tell us about the proposal
We bought a house in the November of 2020 and Will planned a housewarming party for New Year’s Eve. The proposal was a surprise during the housewarming party. There was “one more gift” outside. We had decorated the backyard together under the guise of part of the NYE/housewarming party. When we went outside there were photos and doves and a small trunk covered in Disney stickers. Inside that box was the ring and Will proposed.
I wore a sparkly gold dress and a cathedral-length cape with gold lace edging. My goal was to be Black Elsa. The shopping experience was so much fun! I tried on about 60 dresses and finally found a gold one in a boutique in Peoria, AZ. We also traveled to Kleinfeld’s in NYC to find a reception dress. My party dress was simple from Zara. The cape was even harder to find, it is actually a veil that a very talented seamstress turned into a cape. Will’s tuxedo jacket was gold and white with black accents. We had to search for a while to find a jacket we liked. We ended up ordering it online. He changed into a standard black suit for the reception and another outfit for the party with Jordans.
Did you incorporate any culture into your wedding?
We jumped the broom which was important to both of us. The bride’s cousin made the broom by hand. We also incorporated henna for the bride, jasmine, and rose quartz.
What is your best memory from your wedding?
My favorite memory from the wedding was hearing ‘A Whole New World’ on violin as I walked down the aisle. Seeing Will standing on a purple carpet, with my cape flowing, and that song playing gave me all the Disney feels that I wanted and planned for the wedding. The groom’s favorite memory is coming in dancing.
What is the best advice you can give to engaged couples?
Get dance lessons! It makes such a difference in pictures, video, and your comfort on the dance floor.
- Wedding dress designer: Ceremony – Milla Nova, Reception- Randy Fenoli
- Wedding dress salon: Coremony – Forever Bridal, Reception – Kleinfeld Bridal
- Hair: Shanae Hughes
- Makeup: Ketonya
- Reception location: Different Pointe of View
- Photography: Idara Ekpoh
- Videography: George Street Photo & Video
- Wedding planner: Kristi Marie Events
- Florist: Florala
- Cake: from the venue
- Live painter: Christina Pappion
- Violinist: Sue Celestin
- Stationery: Minted
- Groom’s attire: Tuxedo Action
- Groomsmen attire: Nick’s Menswear
- Jagua: Jen
- Dance lessons: TeeJay of AZ Ballroom Dance Academy