This early Morning Irish Wedding features traditional Irish attire, a curated farm-to-table menu, and a rich green and gold color story.
Nicholas & Lauren are the ultimate power couple. First matching online, it wasn’t until weeks later that they shared their first meal together at Liberty Street Bistro in 2019. The pair’s relationship quickly blossomed from there as they realized how many similarities they shared.
Both being entrepreneurial spirits, they had similar goals of making their shared community, the Hudson Valley, an economic powerhouse and wanting to build sustainable wealth for their future family. In 2019, Lauren founded The Hyacinth Group, a Hudson Valley-based digital agency, and Nicholas signed up as her first client for the launch of his website, Farm2ChefsTable. Working together, they have connected dozens of local businesses and strengthened the commerce in the Hudson Valley.
Of course, when it came time to plan their wedding they knew the rolling blue hills of the Hudson Valley is where it would all take place! Growing up in Rock Tavern, NY, for Lauren the hills resonated with her family’s Jamaican roots. Her Grandmother even likened them to the Blue Mountains of Jamaica. While Nicholas grew up in Lebanon, PA, after attending the Culinary Institute of America in the Hudson Valley in 2005, he fell in love with the area and was drawn to its culture of farm-to-table cuisine.
Intertwining their love of food, culture, and passion for the Hudson Valley, Lauren and Nicholas’s wedding included an intimate morning reception, featuring an Irish brunch inspired by their first overseas trip together to Ireland, followed by an equally quaint reception hosted at Liberty Street Bistro in Newburgh where they had their first date!
For more sweet details on their love story and Irish wedding, keep scrolling below!
- Couple: Nicholas Leiss & Lauren (Johnson) Leiss
- Occupations: Both entrepreneurs. Nicholas is a chef, blogger and Founder of Farm2ChefsTable. Lauren is the CEO and Founder of The Hyacinth Group and a professor of digital marketing.
- Date of Wedding: March 11, 2022
- Location: Newburgh, New York
- Gifts for your bridesmaids & groomsmen: In light of our small pandemic wedding, we were conscious of everyone’s budget. We paid for the majority of our wedding party’s attire and grooming, including hair and makeup.
- Gifts for one another: We gave each other matching ring holders for our nightstands.
- Ceremony entrance song: Bridal Chorus from “Lohengrin” by Richard Wagner
- First dance song: “Love” by John Lennon
How they met…
Nicholas and I first matched online, but it wasn’t until weeks later that we shared our first meal at Liberty Street Bistro on August 23, 2019. After that memorable evening, things progressed rather quickly.
We not only clicked romantically, but also shared an entrepreneurial spirit inspired by our goal of creating generational wealth for our future family. Soon after, I started my company, The Hyacinth Group, and Nicholas signed up as my first client for the launch of his blog, Farm2ChefsTable.
Winter brought us even closer. Nicholas accompanied me overseas to England and Ireland, where we realized our Irish connection. When the pandemic hit, we moved in together only to deepen our commitment.
Fast forward to the spring, on April 25, 2021, Nicholas proposed with my dream ring and of course, I said YESSS! Food had always been a cornerstone of our relationship, and this day was no different. We shared this memorable occasion over a meal at our favorite brunch spot, a gluten-free restaurant called The Little Beet.
Wedding style & shopping experience…
Nicholas went British with his look, wearing a three-piece custom tweed suit that paid homage to his Irish heritage. He paired it with a Tom Ford tie and pocket square as well as a traditional European monk strap shoe from Bally.
The inspiration for my look was 70s glam. I wore a simple fit-and-flare dress by designer Lillian West. It was the third dress I tried on at Lambs Hill Bridal in Beacon, NY. Not only did it fit perfectly, but I felt I could be myself in this dress. It was classic and chic! I finished off my look with a simple veil.
My shoes were not as easy to find. I must have tried on close to 50 pairs before finding my perfect wedding shoes. But once I did, I knew they were it. They were extremely comfortable and had gold detailing, a win-win! My earrings also featured gold hardware and an elegant baroque pearl by Alexis Bittar that I absolutely love.
Our first trip together was to Ireland, so we incorporated hints of Irish throughout our wedding. Our invitations and website had a regal green-and-gold theme. We also opted for an early morning Irish wedding adorned in flowers that included Bells of Ireland. We even served a traditional Irish breakfast inspired by our trip abroad.
Favorite wedding day memories…
The ceremony! We got married at St. George’s Episcopal Church in Newburgh, NY. It was a special place for us both. I was baptized there and it’s also the church we attended as a couple. I invited Nicholas to church there one Sunday and he instantly fell in love as well.
Our priest, Reverend Mary Barber, was so great during the whole process. Most importantly, she made us feel at ease. Her modern approach and strong religious conviction made us feel confident we not only chose the ideal church, but also the right person to marry us. From our first meeting, she helped us realize we were each other’s destiny.
During the ceremony, she spoke these powerful words: “Those whom God has joined together, let no one put asunder.” At that moment, I realized we were married, but we also had God behind our union.
The sweet details…
Advice for other engaged couples…
Looking for more Irish wedding inspiration?
- Event Planner: Nikki Moseley Events
- Church: St. Georges Episcopal Church
- Reception: Liberty Street Bistro
- Bride Dress & Veil: Lambs Hill
- Bride Earrings: Alexis Bittar
- Bride Rings: Greenwich Jewelers
- Bride Shoes: Dior
- Bride and Bridesmaid makeup: Felicia Graham Beauty
- Bridesmaid Dresses: & Flower Girl Makeup: David’s Bridal
- Best Woman Makeup: Makeup By Monique Hudson Valley Makeup Artist
- Best Woman and Flower Girl Hair: Revive Your Hair Salon
- Groom Ring: Mens Wedding Rings
- Groom Custom Suit: LS Mens Clothing
- Groomsmen Suits: Generation Tux
- Invitations: Minted Weddings
- Flowers (Designed by Heather Christian): Adams Fair Acre Farms
- Photography: Chosen Moments Photography
- Cake: Mad Batters Pastries