Kim and Malte have an international love story. They matched on Tinder when Kim was vacationing in Berlin, Germany! The couple would eventually make their home in Cambridge, MA where Kim was studying at Harvard Business School. One night, the couple decided to head to Kim’s favorite restaurant Pammy’s. It was their final meal before moving back to NYC. What Kim thought was going to be a celebration of their final night in Cambridge turned into a surprise engagement.
- Full names of couple: Kimberly Pirtle & Malte Gabriel
- Occupations: Kimberly – Sr. Manager, Client Development for Prada & Miu Miu. Malte – Director, Product Management for 7Park Data
- Wedding date: March 18, 2020
- Wedding location: Clerk Office- New York City
How did COVID-19 affect your wedding planning?
Due to COVID-19, we had to cancel our wedding in Mexico. It was devastating, as it was going to be the opportunity to bring our cultures together (fiancé is German) and celebrate our love amongst friends and family. Even though our original wedding (which was going to be March 21st) was canceled, we still wanted to get married. Therefore, we went to the City Hall on March 18th with 2 witnesses and got legally married.
Best Wedding Memories
]The moment was saying I do to one another. It felt really special that we were still able to tie the knot given everything going on in the world.
Wedding Advice for Engaged Couples
Celebrate the small things. As we didn’t get to have our big wedding, I wish we would have had an engagement party and invited others to celebrate with us much earlier in the process.
- Photographer: Nicole Adrianna Photography
- Bride’s Dress: Katie May Collection
- Bride’s Shoes: Badgley Mishcka
- Florals: Alaric Flower Design
- Ceremony Venue: New York Marriage Bureau
- Groom’s Attire: Burberry Suit