Imagine finding the love of your life while on a blind date with someone else.
This is exactly how Kelly and Ceon met. Kelly caught Ceon’s eye while he was waiting for a blind date in November of 2012 at a restaurant in New York. They shared a genuine, humourous conversation that made such an impression on Ceon, he came back after walking his blind date to the subway to ask Kelly for her number.
Years later, Ceon proposed during a romantic dinner in NYC.
They are both of Caribbean parentage (Jamaica and Trinidad), so they decided Jamaica was the perfect location for their destination wedding. Their lush wedding ceremony overlooking the ocean in Ocho Rios featured decor and flowers in white, blush, gold, and rose gold. For the reception, guests partied under a white draped tent with crystal chandeliers and enjoyed a sumptuous three-course Jamaican meal.
See all of the gorgeous details below.
- Full names of couple: Kelly Johnson & Ceon Francis
- Occupations: Event Planner & Marketing Director
- Wedding date: November 5, 2016
- Wedding location: Laughing Waters Villa, St. Ann Jamaica
- Ceremony entrance song: Stevie Wonder’s “Ribbon In The Sky”
- First dance song: Ed Sheeran’s “Thinking Out Loud”
How did you meet?
Kelly caught Ceon’s eye while he was waiting for a blind date in November of 2012 at the Arabesque Dining and Bar Restaurant in New York. Although Kelly claimed to be a bartender at the restaurant, Ceon realized after a while that it was a joke, so he proceeded to order cocktails and Kelly began to Google the recipes for each. As the evening progressed, Ceon was so amused by Kelly’s persistence that he returned to the club after walking his date to the subway, determined to get Kelly’s number. A few weeks later, he took her on their first date to Negril Village in Atlanta.
Tell us about the proposal
Ceon invited Kelly to dinner one evening at The Plaza Hotel in New York City. When the dessert arrived, Kelly became confused when she realized that what she had ordered was in fact an engagement ring. As Ceon marveled at her reaction, he got down on bended knee and began to profess his love for her. A teary-eyed Kelly was completely speechless as the roomful of diners erupted in applause; luckily, she managed to nod in approval… but the excitement was not over. Shortly after, Ceon escorted her to the roof of the hotel for a surprise engagement party where she was greeted with congratulations by their closest friends and family members.
The Bride wore a stunning Pronovia’s mermaid gown with lace appliqués and sheer illusion bodice; finished with a lace detailed cathedral veil. The Bridesmaids were adorned in blush v-neck gowns accentuated with jewel embellishments. The Groom’s Royal Blue suit was custom designed and tailored to perfection, while his Groomsmen wore Calvin Klein suits.
Did you incorporate any culture into your wedding?
Since both Kelly and Ceon are of Caribbean parentage (Jamaica & Trinidad), so Jamaica was naturally the venue for their destination-themed wedding.
- Wedding Planning, Coordination, Stationery, Lighting, Decor and Floral services – Designs By Nishy
- Photography – Chris Colyard
- Cinematography – Wedd TV’s Marvin Campbell
- DJ & Equipment – Arif Cooper @arifcooper
- Hairstylist – Noreen Christy
- Cake & Desserts – Fine Idea Caterers @fineideas
- Officiant – Rev. Ranford Thompson
- Catering – Almond Tree Restaurant at Hibiscus Lodge @hibiscuslodgehotel
- Ceremony, Cocktail & Reception Venue – Laughing Waters Villa
- Wedding dress– Pronovias
- Catamaran Cruise- Island Routes