Nothing gets by Anna. She has an acute sense of detail. So when Grayson wanted to propose to his Howard University sweetheart, he had to think of the perfect way to surprise her. He asked Anna to make reservations at a new French restaurant she’d been wanting to try. Anna recalls, “I had been looking forward to this date night all week. When we arrived at the restaurant we were immediately seated and handed menus but no one came to our table. I mentioned to Grayson that it was weird that no one had brought us water yet. Shortly after, someone came up to the table with a bottle of champagne and poured us two glasses. I thanked them, but when they left, I told Grayson it was so weird that we haven’t been offered water. I was very confused by the unusual service we were receiving. As I sat there trying to figure out why this was happening, Grayson asked me to put down my menu. He said that I have always been the planner, but today, he had a surprise for me. He got down on one knee. He had a friend hiding at the bar, filming the entire thing!”
Their westcoast nuptials were a classic California dream. They went with a modern white monochromatic color scheme, with hints of gold and silver accents. Even Anna’s beautiful bridesmaids donned chic white dresses. Of the night’s many memorable moments, Anna and Grayson are most proud of their choreographed first dance. It took them nine weeks to master their moves and guests were begging for more. From their sincere vows, to their beautiful decor and lively reception their wedding was simply sensational.
- Full names of couple: Anna & Grayson Mitchell
- Occupations: Sales Managers
- Wedding location: Vertigo Event Venue in Glendale, CA
- Wedding Date: September 20, 2019
- What gifts did you give to your bridesmaids and groomsmen?
- Bridesmaids: Satin Pajama Set, Rose Gold Earrings, Rose Gold Bracelet
- Groomsmen: Custom Basketball Uniform, Custom Lapel Pin, Monogram Socks, Monogram Cufflinks
- Gifts for one another: Custom Cufflinks & Diamond Earrings
- Ceremony entrance song: “Halo” by Beyonce
- First dance song: “Is This Love” by Bob Marley & “California Love” by 2pac featuring Dr. Dre
Did you incorporate any culture into your wedding?
A salute the bride was made by the brothers of Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc. The groom and his Brothers surrounded the bride and sang the Official Alpha Phi Alpha Sweetheart Song of Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc.
We incorporated a sand ceremony into our ceremony. Both of us came from blended families so we incorporated a sand ceremony into our wedding day so each of the families that raised us could participate in their union.
Our first dance was my favorite moment from the entire day. We practiced for nine weeks and our hard work paid off. I love going back and watching the video just to see our guests reactions. They were blown away!
Advice for Engaged Couples
Make sure to slow down and enjoy the little things.
- Photography/Videography: FunLovinCamera Photography
- Planning & Design: Anna Mitchell Events
- Coordination: Amethyst Event Productions
- Wedding Dress Designer: Anomalie
- Bridesmaids Dresses: Kleinfeld Bridal
- Bridal MUA: Jocelyn Johnson
- Bridal Hair, Bridesmaid Hair & MUA: Priv
- Shoes: Miss Lola
- Ceremony & Reception Venue: Vertigo Event Venue
- Florist: Christy Flowers
- Cake: Grace & Honey Cakes
- Stationery: Sugar Taylor Co.
- Groom’s Attire: Indocino
- Groom’s Shoes: Christian Louboutin
- Groom’s Lapel Pin: Gre-Dee Arts
- Groomsmen Attire: Generation Tux
- Officiant: Cassius Rudolf
- String Trio: Angelica Strings
- DJ: VOX DJs
- Champagne Tower: Champagani
- Choreography: Dorian Aleccia