Class, opulence and sophistication was infused into every aspect of the Poku’s extravagant wedding at the National Harbor near Washington, D.C. 300 guests attended their elegant summer nuptials overlooking the historic Potomac River. While the modern venue and classic ivory, gold and blush decor was mesmerizing, everyone’s mouths dropped when Amreghe graced the aisle with her 100 foot floating veil. It was the perfect royal moment in a truly regal wedding ceremony.
Their reception was non-stop energy from start to finish. Amreghe is a vegan, so she made sure there were delicious vegan dishes for cocktail hour and dinner. Guests partied all night enjoying a hookah lounge and live musical performances. The couple watched all of the festivities from their grand sweetheart table, which rested under a canopy of luscious blush and ivory flowers. It was another lavish element, in a wedding full of breathtaking decor, epic moments and heartwarming memories.
- Full Name of Couple: Amreghe & Nana Poku
- Location of Wedding: MGM National Harbor- Washington, D.C.
- Wedding Date: August 10, 2019
- Wedding Guest Count: 300
- First Dance Song: “Cupid” by 112
Reghe: I wrote my own vows. I actually finished writing my vows about 10 minutes before I walked down the aisle. I spoke from my heart; I just wanted everyone to know what kind of man I was marrying and how much I loved him with every morsel of my being. I also wanted to thank my king for accepting all my flaws/faults and still making me feel perfect in his eyes and let him know I appreciated him, and I would not give up on us.
My husbands’ brother passed away a year ago, and we wanted to include him in the celebration. The pastor baptized both my husband and his brother, so it was only fair for him to say some words about him. We also had a remembrance package that we gifted on stage to my mother in law. It was really emotional and beautiful.
Best Wedding Memories
Reghe: There are so many. My top 4 are: My husband tearing up while I walked up to him in the ceremony: Our reception entrance with our mob squad was lit: Our first dance with Funsho singing and when the smoke filled the dance floor and the crowd gasped; When the MC announced the groom and sister in law dance; that was incredible.
Wedding Advice for Engaged Couples
Reghe: Start early with everything and get a professional planner if you can to do the grunt work early, so it is less stressful for you. Victoria from Enchanted Events did wonders for us.
Nana: Know your budget and make sure you keep the energy going at the reception with no dull moments and have the alcohol flowing (top shelf if you can). And just embrace everything about the wedding because you only do it once!
- Designer, Planner, Coordinator: Enchanted Events @eemweddings
- Cinematography: URC Studio @urcstudio
- Photography: Zoomworx @zoomworx
- Production: Phemstar Productions @phemstar_event_productions
- Decor: BCG Events @bcgevents
- Luxury Rentals: Nostalgia Events Rentals @Nostalgia_events_rentals
- Venue: MGM National Harbor @mgmnationalharbor
- Performance: Funsho Adenugba @funshomusic
- MC: Tunde Adebayo @mc_tunde_duduskii
- DJ: Zimo Weddings @djzimoweddings
- LCD: Jydiel Studios @jydiel
- MUA: Sade Falade @shandyy_mua
- Photobooth: EfotozMD @efotozmd
- Hairstylist: Kaelaslayla Hair @kaelaslaylahair
- Wedding dress: Mori Lee @morileeofficial via @annasbridal_
- Second dress: Meshki @meshki
- 100 Feet Veil: Yalla Bridal @yallabridal
- Bridal Accessories: Adunni and Rose @adunni_and_rose @jluxebrand
- Groom’s suit designer: Bishop Rogatii @bishop.rogatiii
- Barber/Beard groomer: Barber Ehab @mobilebarber_ehab
- Keepsake: Vivid Experience @vividexperience