If diamonds are a girl’s best friend then they must be a bride’s maid-of-honor. Raven and Jimmie’s wedding was all about elegant opulence, which would have fit right in at a party from The Great Gatsby. Large beautiful flowers greeted guests as they walked into the ceremony, which complimented the beauty of the outside terrace and reception décor. Their reception was a “blinged-out” affair with a three-tier cake divided into a diamond, an ice luge into which guests’ summer cocktails were streamed and cooled, an indulgent sparkling sundae bar, and for entertainment a magician performed during the cocktail hour. The bride worked with Tara Melvin of Perfect Planning to give their guests an experience like no other complete with an after-party and Sunday brunch. Darling Photographers highlighted the beauty and elegance of this platinum wedding.
• Wedding Date: 08/24/2013
• Wedding Location: Lansdowne Resort, Leesburg, Virginia
• Wedding Theme: Platinum Elegance
• Wedding Flowers: Garden Roses, Calla Lilies, Hydrangeas, Lisianthus, and Carnation Pomanders
• First Dance Song: “Best of Me” by Anthony Hamilton
• Wedding Cake Flavors: Red Velvet, Yellow, & White Cake
• Wedding Menu Favorite: Sundae Bar
• Bridesmaids Gifts: Jewelry, Spa Gift Card
• Groomsmen Gifts: Cufflinks
The theme of our wedding was platinum elegance. There a bling element showcased throughout the wedding. We wanted our guests to have an experience like no other at our wedding. Everything started with our silk box wedding invitations and finished with a sundae bar on a warm summer day
I wore a classy, timeless fit and flare Jasmine Couture Dress that had embellishments reflect light throughout the gown. My favorite wedding accessory was my Christian Louboutin shoes that added to the shine of my overall look.
We are both Christians and very spiritual. Therefore, we felt it was important to incorporate Holy Communion during our ceremony and had a prophesy given to us by our Apostle.
Everything about our wedding was amazing and exactly what we wanted. Each little detail came together from our perfectly. It’s hard to pinpoint one thing. We planned a full wedding weekend including an after-party and Sunday brunch. It was great to have all our love ones (family & friends) celebrate throughout the weekend with us. That meant a lot to us.
Help a bride-to-be-out
We would tell engaged couples to enjoy the planning process. It goes by very quickly. Also, hire a wedding planner so that you can focus on one another instead of details on your wedding day.
- Makeup: Ky Washington ritchiemakeup.com;
- Make-up: Dawn Newsome www.dawnnewsome.com
- Officiant: Reverend Brenda Carter REVBRENDAJCARTER@YAHOO.
- Florist: L’Artisan Lily www.artisanlily.com
- Photography: Darling Photographers www.
- Magician: Josh Norris maxmajor.net
- Hair Dresser: Dawn Newsome www.dawnnewsome.com
- Invitations & Stationary: Mareta Creations www.maretacreations.
- Wedding Planner: Tara Melvin www.
- Disc Jockey: Mark Dennis
- Videography: Video Express Productions www.videoxpresspro.com
- Event Childcare: Nannytainment www.nannytainment.com
- Wedding Cake: Edible Incredibles www.edibleincredibles.com
- Rentals, Linens, Chairs, Chargers: Select Event Group www.weparty.com
- Ceremony Musicians – Brencore Entertainment