Carmen and Adrian’s regal wedding in Memphis, Tennessee mixed romantic and luxe elements, creating the perfect royal aesthetic. Featuring a classic color palette of red, ivory, and gold, this gorgeous regal wedding embodied romance and sophistication.
Before Carmen and Adrian started dating, they were best friends for over 10 years.
We remained friends (best friends) for 10+ years before actually deciding to date each other which now has turned into a beautiful marriage.Carmen (Bride)
Adrian completely surprised Carmen by purposing at a brunch date, during which they discussed their goals for the New Year.
They kept their wedding intimate, celebrating their love with close family and friends.
The best memory from our wedding was actually being able to get our close family and friends together during a pandemic to celebrate our marriage with us.Carmen (Bride)
Learn more about their sweet love story and see the beautiful details below!
- Bride’s Occupation: General Dentist
- Groom’s Occupation: Federal Law Agent
- Ceremony Location: Memphis, TN
- Wedding Venue: The Cadre Building
- Wedding Party Gifts: The groomsmen were given personalized bags and the bags contained their cuff links and dress shirts for the wedding, their liquor of choice, and a shot glass. The bridesmaids were given monogrammed/ stitched tote bags, bridal robes, toiletry bags, hangers for their bridal dress, and bridal jewelry for the wedding.
- Gifts for one another: We did not exchange gifts on the day of the wedding. We decided to build a brand-new home instead.
- Ceremony entrance song: “This Is Why I Love You” by Major (bride’s entrance song); “Giving You The Best of Me” by Anthony Hamilton (groom’s entrance)
- First dance song: “Stay With You” by John Legend
How They Met
We met each other at a party in high school. We remained friends (best friends) for 10+ years before actually deciding to date each other which now has turned into a beautiful marriage.
Adrian and I went out with one of his high school friends the night before the proposal. We stayed out pretty late. We had planned to do brunch the following day. However, since we were out late the night before, I asked Adrian, “Do we really have to go?”. I wanted to sleep in, and it was raining. Adrian insisted that we go to brunch so that we can discuss our goals for the New Year (New Year’s Day was the following week.) Right before leaving, Adrian got down on one knee and asked me to marry him. Just think… I wanted to stay in bed that day.
Adrian wore a custom, classic white and black tux. My bridal dress was an Essence of Australia ivory and white serpentine dress. We both wore Christian Louboutin shoes.
Wedding Shopping Experience
The majority of the wedding necessities were purchased online so there was no hassle there. The groom, bridesmaids, and groomsmen were all fitted for their wedding attire with no hassle as well. I did go to a few dress shops to find my wedding dress. The only thing I would’ve changed while looking for a dress is the time allotted to look for a dress at each boutique. I’m not sure if this is a standard thing, or if this was done to service all COVID brides during 2020.
We went for more of a traditional style wedding with the entrance of our wedding party, exchange of vows and rings, and a sealed kiss. The officiant prayed over our marriage and immediately declared us as husband and wife.
The best memory from our wedding was actually being able to get our close family and friends together during a pandemic to celebrate our marriage with us. Seeing everyone happy and having a great time made us happy.
Plan the ideal wedding for you and your spouse. Stick to your budget and hold all vendors accountable for what you all have discussed and agreed upon. Hire an event/ wedding planner. You cannot do everything yourself.
- Photographer: Camille Leigh Photography
- Venue: The Cadre Building
- Wedding Planning & Coordination: It’s Your Day! Weddings & Special Events
- Design and Decor: Southaven Party Rentals
- Bridal Bouquets: Payton Perfect Designs
- Videographer: Lifemade
- Catering: Donelson’s Catering
- Cake: The Flour Garden
- Entertainment: DJ Blu Boi
- Photo Booth: Selfie Memphis
- Stationery and Flooring: Create10Me Design Company
- Makeup Artists: Meosha Williams and Trice Davis
- Bride’s Dress: Essence of Australia
- Bride’s Shoes: Christian Louboutin
- Groom’s Shoes: Christian Louboutin