Who would have known that an awkward throwback photo on Facebook would lead to Randall and Jasmine exchanging vows in a romantic outdoor ceremony?
Jasmine’s sister posted an awkward “then and now” picture of Jasmine on Instagram and Randall commented on it. Jasmine shares, “He and my sister were already friends (they are a part of Phi Beta Sigma fraternity inc. and Zeta Phi Beta Sorority Inc.). We talked back and forth a little before he DM’d me to talk further and the rest is history!”
After a sweet holiday proposal, the couple dived into wedding planning navigating the pandemic to still have the Fall wedding of their dreams.
Keep scrolling to see all of the fab details!
- Full names of couple: Randall Reggie Grant & Jasmine Nicole Benn
- Occupations: Jasmine- Nurse, Randall- Project Operator
- Wedding date: 9/6/2020
- Wedding location: The Waterfall in Claymont, DE
- What gifts did you give to your bridesmaids and groomsmen:
- For our bridesmaids: personalized makeup bags, monogrammed loungewear, wedding jewelry, and personalized wine tumblers
- For our groomsmen: Ralph Lauren dress socks, personalized shot glasses, a miniature bottle of 1800 tequila
- Gifts for one another: We decided not to give each other gifts but instead write each other love letters that we would read in private on the wedding day :)
- Ceremony entrance song: “Why I Love You” – MAJOR.
- First dance song: “You & I (Nobody in the World)” – John Legend
How did you meet?
My (Jasmine’s) sister posted an awkward “then and now” picture of me on her Instagram and Randall commented on it. He and my sister were already friends (they are a part of Phi Beta Sigma fraternity inc. and Zeta Phi Beta Sorority Inc. so that’s how they knew each other). We talked back and forth a little before he DM’d me to talk further and the rest is history!
Tell us about the proposal.
Every year my cousins take a group picture around the holidays. As we started to gather for the picture, I noticed that my phone was missing. After looking around for a few minutes I gave up and got ready for our picture. Randall ended up “finding” my phone but I was not taking the hint to take it from him (I thought we were taking a picture!). I could tell he added something to it but he would always add new things to my phone so I thought nothing of it. When I finally got the phone from him, I flipped it around and saw a collage of pictures of us on the phone case with the words “Jasmine, will you marry me?” in the middle. I looked up and Randall was down on one knee with the most beautiful ring in his hand. I was so speechless that my sister had to tap me and remind me to say something!
Describe your wedding attire.
Jasmine: I wanted our wedding to have a classic and romantic feel. The outdoor ceremony space at The Waterfall was the perfect space for this. For my gown, I fell in love with a Martina Liana gown that gave me the look I was going for. The lace and beading details were everything – I wish I could wear the dress one more time!
Randall: I told Jasmine the style I wanted and when she showed me some options, I knew that was the one I would marry her in.
What was the wedding shopping experience like for you?
Jasmine: The wedding shopping experience was not what I imagined because of the pandemic but it was still memorable. There were times I had to be creative and do things online but I honestly was able to find everything I wanted and needed to make our day special.
Did you incorporate any culture into your wedding?
We did! Randall and his family are from Grenada so it was important to include parts of his culture into our day. From some of the dining options to the music being played, we wanted there to be a blending of both of our backgrounds to symbolize our families coming together.
What is your best memory from your wedding?
Jasmine: My best memory of the wedding was getting to the end of the aisle and seeing Randall crying. During our engagement, he swore that he wouldn’t cry on the wedding day (he typically doesn’t cry at anything!). But seeing him so vulnerable and showing his feelings made me emotional. As we said our vows, he held my hands tightly and I could hear in his voice how strong his feelings were in that moment. It was truly a moment I’ll never forget.
Randall: Seeing my daughter and Jasmine come down the aisle was the best moment for me – something about seeing my two girls back to back was really special.
What is the best wedding advice you can give to engaged couples?
Jasmine: Don’t get caught up in every little detail. You might feel like everything has to be perfect but that’s not what the day is all about – everything will turn out the way it should be and will perfect in its own way.
Randall: Live in the moment! One of my groomsmen gave me this advice a couple of days before the wedding and just keeping that motto in my head helped me to just enjoy the day with my wife.
- Wedding dress designer: Martina Liana
- Wedding dress salon: Betsy Robinson’s Bridal
- Bridesmaids dresses: Revelry
- Bride hair: Unit by Jessica Geiger; Styled by Leila Johnson
- Bridesmaid Hair: Mia Farah Beautique
- Makeup: Taysha Chantel
- Shoes: Badgley Mischka
- Ceremony location & reception location: The Waterfall
- Photography: Kenny Clapp of Clapp Studios; 2nd photographer Michael Clark of Michael Clark Studios
- Videography: Jordan Lynam of Lynam Up Media
- Florist: Roni’s Roses
- Cake: Desserts by Dana
- Stationery: The Wedding Paper Divas via Shutterfly
- Groom’s attire/groomsmen attire: Englund’s Apparel for Men
- Photobooth: Nailed It Fotobooth
- DJ: Jason Butcher of TriState Great Productions