Romantic and rustic wedding at the Living Sculpture Sanctuary in Florida has an intimate first look, beautiful florals, and infectious moments of love and laughter.
Julie and Lee first connected online through the dating app, Coffee Beets Bagel, and haven’t looked back since! Flash-forward to their romantic and rustic wedding, it was difficult planning during a pandemic. However, their love and positivity prevailed. The lovely couple wed on January 1, 2021 surrounded by their closest friends and family. Set against the stunning backdrop of the Living Sculpture Sanctuary, they couldn’t have asked for a more perfect day!
For more on their love story and beautiful photography from their wedding, keep scrolling below.
- Couple: Julie & Lee Pham
- Occupations: Julie is a salon owner and Lee is a cardiologist.
- Wedding date: January 1, 2021
- Wedding location: Living Sculpture Sanctuary (Florida)
- Gifts for one another: Murdock shaving kit from Nordstrom
- Gifts for their bridesmaids & groomsmen: bridesmaids received robes, a makeup bag and hair accessories, all from Etsy. Being a business owner, Julie knew first hand the affect COVID had on local/small business so she really wanted to support small business in every way she could.
- Ceremony entrance song: A thousand of years by Christina Perry
- First dance song: This I swear by Nick Lachey
How they met…
Julie and Lee first met online through the dating app, Coffee meets bagel.
Their first look…
On a trip to California for one of Lee’s best friend’s wedding in November, 2019, Lee had a special surprise in store for Julie. Ahead of time, he had reached out to the bride and groom to see if it was okay to propose during their wedding weekend. With their approval, he waited for the perfect moment to pop-the-question.
Julie recalls, “Before we headed to rehearsal, Lee wanted to take a walk on the beach to watch the sunset. We toasted our champagne glasses to “life!” [and] before I knew it, Lee was on one knee.”
Of course, she said yes! And when they walked into the rehearsal dinner, everyone was ready to congratulate them.
Mr. & Mrs….
Their wedding Style…
“Rustic, romantic yet simple.”
Wedding shopping experience…
Luckily for Julie, she “literally found [her] dress within 45 mins” of shopping!
“I knew I wanted long sleeves,” she says, “[and] from the moment I tried it on, it literally sang romance.”
To incorporate their family, the night before their wedding they “had a little ceremony with just [them] and [their] parents.”
The intimate ceremony allowed them to get invaluable marital advice from their parents and have some special time together as a family.
“It was very simple and sweet,” Julie says.
Julie’s favorite memory of the night was seeing their “family and friends dance and laugh.”
“Knowing they were all their to celebrate us, especially during a pandemic, meant the world to us.”
Advice for other engaged couples…
Julie and Lee’s advice for other couple’s is simply not to “worry about what people think.”
“And don’t stress about the little things,” Julie adds. “At the end of the day, it’s about you and your partner and what makes both of you happy.”
Looking for more romantic & rustic wedding inspiration?
- Location: Living sculpture sanctuary
- Photographer: Erika Arango of Light Sky Photography
- Videographer: Dream Light Visuals
- Wedding planner/floral: Ribeiro events
- Caterer: Hao Wah
- Hair/Makeup: Blush + Company
- Wedding Dress: David’s Bridal
- Grooms suit: Zara
- Bridesmaids dresses: David’s Bridal
- Groomsmen suits: Zara