Royal black tie wedding in Atlanta, Georgia serves opulence with extravagant decor, a lux cream & gold color story, and a private orchestra.
Amanda & Sean’s royal wedding at the Four Season Hotel in Atlanta treated guests to a night of luxury! From being greeted at the elevator with champagne to being escorted into a grand ballroom draped in cream and gold silk, decorated with opulent floral arrangements of roses, calla lilies, and hydrangeas, and an aisle lined with romantic candles, their wedding was a stunning visual experience.
Following an emotional ceremony, the bride and groom posed for their first portraits as husband and wife while their guests headed to cocktail hour where they were serenaded by the sounds of classic R&B, rap, and contemporary songs performed by a live orchestra. A 360 photo booth, Hors d’oeuvres, and freshly rolled cigars added to the party atmosphere.
A reception filled with the traditional father-daughter dance, mother-son dance, cake cutting, and bouquet toss followed. A live wedding painter even captured their first dance! After cutting the cake, Amanda and Sean weren’t afraid of letting loose on the dance floor, setting the tone for an unforgettable night!
More sweet details on their royal black tie wedding below.
- Couple: Amanda Thompson, Sean Thompson
- Occupations: Amanda is in FinTech and Sean is a Hospitality consultant
- Wedding date: October 17, 2021
- Wedding location: Atlanta, Georgia
- Bridesmaids & groomsmen gifts: bridesmaids received Jewelry, their favorite perfume, and a spa certificate. Groomsmen received a watch and their favorite cologne.
- Gifts for one another: the bride was gifted a diamond tennis bracelet with earrings and the groom was given a watch and chain necklace.
- Grooms entrance song: “Here And Now” by Luther Vandross
- Brides entrance song: “I’m Sure Its You” by Shelea
- First dance song: “The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face” by Roberta Flack
How they met…
Internet dating app
Sean proposed to Amanda on the anniversary of their first ” I love you ” on October 17, 2020, in the same city and same spot where they first said it.
During golden hour just steps from Pike Place Market, Sean escorted Amanda from their hotel over to the pike place alleyway where he stopped. A saxophonist started serenading them as he dropped to one knee.
Wedding style, attire, & shopping experience…
Sean had two custom suits made. One was in classic white and black silk and the second was black and red.
Amanda had 2 custom couture dresses made and one custom jumpsuit. She wore one for the ceremony and one for the reception and then changed into a jumpsuit for their grand exit.
“The dress shopping process was long yet rewarding, ” Amanda shares. “My designer was out of state so I had to travel to her every 3-4 months for fittings. Ultimately, I was overjoyed and so happy with how my dresses and jumpsuit turned out.”
Mr. & Mrs…
Favorite wedding day memory…
Seeing everyones faces light up with excitement as we walked down the aisle as husband and wife.
Reception space & decor…
Their first dance…
Advice for other engaged couples…
After the ceremony officiant pronounces you husband and wife, turn and face the audience and scan the room try to take in the moment and look at as many faces as you can. Seal that memory in your heart forever.
A fashionable exit…
Looking for more royal black tie wedding inspiration?
- Grooms custom suit: Miguel Wilson Collection
- Grooms & groomsman haircuts: His Hers Lux Barber Shop
- Brides Makeup: Artistry Defined
- Brides Hair (Install): Dose of Carlos
- Hair style: I Am Jeremey
- Brides stylist: I am Luckie Styles
- Brides dress: Esé Azénabor
- Florals & decor: James Hurley Designs
- Floor wrap & Fireworks: Indaglow Designs
- Photography: Cains Camera
- Videographer: VidFlow of Bricks Group Media
- Cigar roller: Honor Cigars
- Orchestra: Orchestra Noir
- 360 Photo Booth: AJR Events
- Cake: Cakes by lameka
- Live wedding painter: Ann Bailey Studio
- Room drapery and uprights: Unique Event Rentals
- Venue: Four Seasons Hotel Atlanta