When the bride is also a wedding planner, you know her wedding is going to be absolutely amazing.
She met Evens in church, and said “Yes,” when he proposed on the rooftop of a hotel in Miami in front of family and friends.
They started planning a wedding that reflected their deep faith, Haitian culture, and high fashion style. Nerilanda shares, “We wed at Coral Gables Country Club in Miami Florida. The venue had the perfect elements of a royal feel. High ceilings, big beautiful chandeliers, and a huge space to party the night away. Having the love of Christ we incorporated the Three Strand Cord; it demonstrates God’s design for marriage. This symbolizes marriage in a three-way form; me, him, and God. It was God who taught us to love. By keeping Him at the center of our marriage, His love will continue to keep us together as one.”
After their elegant outdoor ceremony, guests headed inside for the reception that included luxurious decor, a six-tier wedding cake, and a live band playing traditional Haitian music. Nerilanda recalls, “the reception style was inspired by my vision of a clean, classic, yet timeless design. Decor elements were picked to balance the room without overdoing it. The guest were greeted with beautiful high round centerpieces filled with roses and hydrangeas and candle holders, linens in shades of blush and rose gold, and serpentine tables filled with mini floral arrangements, candles, and floral runner draping to the floor.”
Read all about Nerilanda and Evens love story, and see all of the stylish details from their glamorous wedding below.
- Couple: Nerilanda & Evens Etienne
- Occupations: Nerilanda- Certified Event Planner Accountant/ Evens- Environmental Services Director/ Director of Music
- Wedding Date: 9-19-19
- Wedding Location: Coral Gables Country Club; Coral Gables, Florida
- Bridesmaids and groomsmen gifts: Bridesmaid received custom hangers and pajamas sets. Groomsmen received special drinks from Haiti and men style brooches.
- Gifts for one another: Both couples surprisingly gifted each other Watches as wedding gifts.
- Ceremony entrance song: “A Thousand Years”
- First dance song: Mixed songs “Perfect” by Ed Sheeran/ “Lanmou Pafe´” by Klass/Por “Favor” by Carimi/”Vacation” By Jessie Woo
How did you meet?
After meeting in a church in Florida, fate would have them enact their love story in the place from which they both derived. They were able to find love in the most difficult time of both their lives. Nerilanda prayed for a husband that has a true love for God. She knew if she found one after God’s heart, he’ll be able to love her and her children the right way.
Tell us about the proposal.
Evans first proposed on 02.05.2017 at his home. Nerilanda really did not take him seriously the first time around as she thought he was joking. Just a few months later in June of 2017, he planned the most romantic surprise proposal. On the rooftop of Hotel One Miami Beach, Florida, surrounded by those closest to them, he asked Nerilanda to be his wife with a beautiful Sapphire engagement ring.
Describe your wedding attire?
The couple always wanted a royal theme wedding but as well to incorporate their Haitian culture however they could. Their color palette was ivory, rose gold, cobalt blue. Their favorite color is any shade of blue, and rose gold was a must. Nerilanda wanted to look sexy yet elegant. She chose Pantora Bridal; following in love with three different dresses Andrea was able to create a custom gown for her. It had bling, a sense of elegance, and of course was sexy with the fit and flare style. Evens wore a custom Miguel Wilson Collection with a pair of Giuseppe’s shoes to match.
What was the wedding shopping experience like for you?
Nerilanda had the best shopping experience ever with Pandora Bridal. If she had all the money in the world, she would have walked out with four dresses.
Did you incorporate any culture into your wedding?
The couple had Kremas which is a special drink Haitians drink when celebrating. As well they had a live band Klass performing all their Haitian Kompa hits.
What is your best memory from your wedding?
Our best memories is our first dance. It was mixed songs choreograph by Jessica Saintgeorges and Papagigit. The guest were all amazed and cheered the entire time.
What is the best wedding advice you can give to engaged couples?
Keep God first; focus on the marriage. Keep family and friends out of your relationship.
And remember to always date each other. Love always wins.
- Planning: @nerievents
- Design/Production: @stfleurevents
- Photographer/Videographer: @avdpics
- Location: @coralgablescountryclub
- Dress: @pantorabridal
- Suit: @designermiguelwilson
- Bride MUA: @morethanamakeupartist
- Bridal Party MUA: @picaasso
- Hair: @aubridalhairdesigns
- Cake: @luxcakery
- Floral: @etrentals
- Rentals: @dee_decoration @decoraeventrental @lounaandcompany
- Wedding Programs: @marrymemagazines
- DJ: @1djsk305
- Sound/dancing on clouds: @usound_production
- Band: @Klassitis_
- Orchestra: @eleganzastrings
- 360 Video Booth: @motiv8events
- Dance Floor: @mpeeventgroup
- Choreographers: @jessica_saintgeorges & @papagigit