Royal multicultural wedding in Davie, FL was a luxurious affair with a regal violet color story, luscious floral decor, and Haitian culture.
“I knew Alix was the one for me because we valued the same things in life and his love for me was effortless. It’s as if he was the missing puzzle piece in my life. He was consistent from the beginning. I knew he was the one for me when I couldn’t go a day without hearing his voice…Tania, The Bride
Whew, Alix and Tania’s story reads like an intoxicating romance novel. The couple, who met in band camp when they were 13 years old, has a love built on lasting friendship and faith. Their spiritual connection drove their desire to get married, and their wedding was nothing short of spectacular.
Think Purple Rain- lush purple decor and cascading violet orchids enveloped guests in their extravagant reception, which included a first dance featuring dazzling sparklers. To represent their Haitian culture, Tania shares, “We had Kremas (a Haitian drink), which is a staple at Haitian weddings and we had Haiti’s flag for all our guests to rep while we danced the night away.” It was the perfect reflection of their style, culture and love.
More sweet details from their royal multicultural wedding below (and check out their feature in our Issue 25 magazine here!).
- Couple: Alix & Tania Lubin
- Location of Wedding: Lavan Catering and Events Davie, FL
- Wedding Date: August 14, 2021
- Wedding Flowers: Orchids
- Favorite Item On Menu: Baked Macaroni
- Bridesmaids/Groomsmen Gifts: Robes and Shot Glasses
- First Dance Song: Skip Marley – “Slow Down”
- Advice For Brides: Dance And Laugh Like No One Is Watching.
How they met…
Alix and I first met in band camp and we were both members of the Miami Central Marching band. We were both 13 years old at the time.
When they knew they found “the one”…
Tania: I knew Alix was the one for me because we valued the same things in life and his love for me was effortless. It’s as if he was the missing puzzle piece in my life. He was consistent from the beginning. I knew he was the one for me when I couldn’t go a day without hearing his voice…
Alix: I knew Tania was the one for me when she displayed her unconditional love for me. With nothing to lose and everything to gain in this world, Tania prioritized our relationship and gave me the life I prayed for. She’s my Queen, my best friend, my only friend.
Yes, we had Kremas (a Haitian drink)which is a staple at Haitian weddings and we had Haiti’s flag for all our guests to rep while we danced the night away.
Reception space & decor…
Their wedding style…
A Royal Flower Bomb filled with different shades of purple.
Wedding dress & favorite accessory…
My wedding dress was an hourglass gown embellished with pearls and stones all over it. I had a sweetheart neckline with cuff sleeves which were also full of pearls and stones. The gown came with a detachable train with designs that were similar to tree branches, and on this design pearl and stones were sewn onto it. The train was my favorite!
Best wedding day memory…
Our first dance! The sparklers and the thick smoke, while we danced, were beautiful and breathtaking!
Advice for other engaged couples…
We would say to seize the moment. Take your time to enjoy every second of it and this includes the planning stage. It goes by really fast so Soak it all in and have fun.
Looking for more royal multicultural wedding inspiration?
- Event Planner/Event Design: Rebecca Pierre Of Belle Tifi Events
- Photography: Imagery By Jules
- Bride’s Dress: Valdrinsahiti
- Bride’s Headpiece And/Or Veil: Bellezanovia
- Bride’s Shoes: Christian Louboutin
- Bridesmaids Dresses: Zulma Couture
- Cakes/Desserts: Lux Cakery
- Catering: Dory Event Catering
- Ceremony Venue: North Miami Church Of God
- Florals: Petal Production
- Groom’s Attire: Garçon Couture
- Groomsmen Attire: Men’s Warehouse
- Rentals: Party Depot, The Lounge Design and Rentals
- Drapes: Elite Draping
- Reception Venue: Lavan Wedding And Event Venue
- Bridal Hairstylist: Hair Chemistry Miami
- Bridal Make-Up Artist: Angel Love Beauty
- Bridesmaids Make Up: Beauty By Lindseyz
- Bridesmaids Hair: Jess Thee Stylist
- Videography: Bricks Group Media
- DJ/ Sparklers/ Fog: Rick (DJ Sk)
- Floor Wrap: Wrap My Floor