Royal wedding bliss in Atlanta, Georgia has elegant décor, a gold and white color palette, and so much love!
Justin and Derrick’s nuptials were everything they could have dreamed of and more.
“Many people described our wedding as a movie production,” Justin says. And as a wedding planner himself, Justin and Derrick were able to communicate their vision to their designer, Crystal Pink Events, who helped bring their dream wedding to life.
Highlights include royal inspired looks for their ceremony with hues of gold and pure white and a breathtaking transition into their “royal elegance” reception space.
For more royal wedding bliss and details on their love story, keep scrolling below!
- Couple: Justin Brown-Rouse & Derrick Rouse
- Occupations: Justin is a Wedding Planner and Airline Employee. Derrick is a Loss Prevention Supervisor
- Wedding date: August 28, 2021
- Wedding location: Renaissance Atlanta Gateway Hotel – Atlanta, GA
- Gifts for their Groomsmaids and groomsmen: Groomsmaids received a sweetheart necklace from Kay’s and the Groomsmens received a custom over night luggage bag.
- Gifts for one another: Justin received a Michael Kros Watch along with a custom travel set and Derrick received 50 yard line tickets to cowboys/washington Football game and Cowboys apparel to wear to the game.
- Ceremony entrance song: Why I love you – Major
- First dance song: So in Love with You – Anthony Hamilton & Jill Scott
How they met…
Justin and Derrick first met in Raleigh, North Carolina on social media in December of 2013. They communicated for 2 months before deciding to meet in person.
Justin recalls, “We met once and then lost contact with each other due to my work schedule as a Flight Attendant. Five months later, we connected again and started building a friendship that led us to the altar six years later.”
Their proposal story…
Derrick proposed on Justin’s 30th birthday wearing masquerade attire. And Justin was so surprised!
“I was not expecting it,” he admits. “As I was thanking the guest for attending, Derrick interjected and started to speak. He went into how much he greatly appreciated everyone for coming and sharing this special day. He then dropped to one knee and asked me to marry him.”
Wedding style & shopping experience…
Overall, their wedding shopping experience for suits was fun. However, after Covid, things got complicated.
“Being about to travel outside of the country (pre-covid) to have something custom-made was exciting,” Justin says, “[But] the worst part was having to finalize the measurements via online and [through the] mail after Covid made its presence.”
It was important for them to include the African American tradition of jumping the broom.
“Everything else, we made it our own.”
While they have plenty of favorite memories, their favorite moment was definitely saying their vows.
Justin recalls the moment fondly: “That moment it felt as if it was just the two of us, no one else was in the room until my uncle’s phone rang during me saying my vows! And my facial expression made everyone laugh.”
Cutting the cake…
Advice for other engaged couples…
Their advice for other couple’s is to relax and enjoy the day.
Justin adds, “As a wedding planner, I planned the entire wedding and hired someone to take over the day.”
He admits, laughing, ” I kept trying to take over their job… [but] her team did an amazing job.”
And they lived happily ever after…
Looking for more royal wedding bliss inspiration?
- Planner & Designer: Sabrina Anthony – Crystal Pink Events
- Photographer: Jabari Cain – Cain’s Camera
- Videographer: Eugene Bussey – Wedding Film Pros
- Wedding Party Flowers: Sean Brown Events
- Designer/Decor: Shauntel Divine Celebrations
- Entertainment: Exquisite Sounds Entertainment
- Officiant: Julius Ponder
- Programs: Marry Me Magazines
- Hair Stylist: Tray Carter – Lovethe_Barber
- Cake: Picasso Cakes