Kimberly and Maurice met while pursuing Bachelor’s degrees at the University of the West Indies. Years later, they would have a beautiful wedding at the same location.
Surrounded by the natural beauty of Jamaica, the couple’s outdoor ceremony was scenic and stunning. Various shades of blue, from bright cobalt to soft, powdery sky blue, complimented the greenery of the venue. Quotes about love lined the aisle, as Kimberly amazed guests in a romantic lace wedding dress custom-made by Jamaican designer Louise Graham. MunaLuchi Coterie member Designs By Nishy made sure this lovely rustic chic wedding was everything the couple hoped for and more. See all of the beauty below.
- Couple: Kimberly & Maurice
- Occupations: Group Administrative Services Manager (Bride) & Senior Director of Non-Construction Projects (Groom)
- Wedding date: February 22, 2020
- Wedding Location: The University of the West Indies, Mona Visitor’s Lodge in Jamaica
- Ceremony entrance song: “Can’t Help Falling in Love”
- First dance song: “Your Precious Love”
- Bridesmaids’ Gifts: Necklaces
After asking Kimberly’s father for his daughter’s hand in marriage, Maurice and Kimberly’s son (Nathaniel), prepared a lovely meal and left a note saying:
“Will you be ours forever? “
“Mommy, will you marry Uncle Maurice so he can be my daddy?”
She obviously said yes!
Kimberly’s wedding dress custom-made by Jamaican designer Louise Graham. She tried on different wedding dresses at several bridal stores to determine the best fit for her body type.
Incorporation of Culture
The couple included the traditional wedding elements but also incorporated elements in the decor, catering, and beverages that were more reflective of the Jamaican culture (food menu, rum barrels, signature drink menu, etc.)
Best Wedding Memory
Kimberly: “The best memory from our wedding was seeing the look on Maurice’s face when he saw me walking up the aisle.”
Maurice: “The best memory was seeing Kimberly on our wedding day, she looked so amazing!”
Try to begin planning your wedding at least a year in advance. We planned ours in 5 months and it would have been much easier if we had more time.
- Wedding Planning, Design, Decor, Floral, Coordination: Designs By Nishy
- Photography: Chris Colyard Photography
- Music: DJ Marie
- MC: Deidra James
- MUA: In Your Face Beauty Bar
- Hairstylist: Lisa Hutchinson
- Officiant: Rev. Ranford Thompson
- Violinist: Kamoy Gordon
- Baker: Kim Fennel
- Wedding Invitation: Minted
- Ceremony & Reception Location: The University of the West Indies, Mona Visitor’s Lodge
- Catering: Boone Hall Oasis