If your friend asked you to send an introductory text to someone you’ve never met, would you do it? When Aminata’s friend instructured her to “Text this guy,” she didn’t give her any information except for his selfie. Slightly confused, but intrigued, she opened WhatsApp and wrote: “Hi, I’m Ami!” to which he promptly replied, “Hi, I’m Tino!”
Aminata was finishing her residency training in Miami, Florida, and Tino was in Hamburg, Germany, but that simple text message sparked a three month long distance courtship via WhatsApp and Skype. They counted down the days till their first in-person meeting in Miami. Being in each other’s physical presence sealed the deal; they knew they were falling in love.
When Tino was ready to propose, he took Aminata back to Miami Beach, the place where they first met. Aminata remensices, “We were relaxing in the hammocks, looking at the stars and sipping our cocktails. Suddenly, Tino flipped out of the hammock. Panicked, I thought he had fallen and asked if he was okay. He steadied himself, and when I looked again, I realized he was on one knee with a ring box in his hand.”
Since they had a love that spanned continents, their decision to have a destination wedding seemed natural. Their intimate and scenic seafront nuptials in Spain are simply breathtaking. Every detail from the pastel cream and blush color scheme, to Aminta’s chic A-lined gown is refreshingly elegant, elevated and timeless.
- Full names of couple: Dr. Aminata Cisse/Tino Hoffrichter
- Occupations: Psychiatrist/Business owner (e-commerce)
- Wedding date: September 19, 2019
- Wedding location: Hotel Hospes Maricel and Spa – Palma De Mallorca, Spain
- Bridesmaids and Groomsmen Gifts: We did not have bridesmaids or groomsmen.
- Gifts for one another: none
- Ceremony entrance song:
- Groom: “Whenever, Wherever, Whatever” by Maxwell
- Bride: “Kissing You” by Des’ree
- First dance song: “God Only Knows” by Kina Grannis
Bride: I expected the shopping experience to be stressful due to my height (I’m 6 feet tall). However, it turned out to be a delightful bonding experience with my mom. Over two consecutive Fridays, I tried on several dresses. In the end, I went back to the very first bridal store I had visited and purchased the first dress I had tried on.
We incorporated our cultures into the wedding with a prose piece in German, read by my uncle. Then, Ami’s father gave a Muslim prayer.
Best Wedding Memory
Our first dance.
Wedding Advice for Engaged Couples
Try to be present in the moment. Also, accept that some things are not going to go as planned.
- Photography: Sandra Manas Photography
- Wedding Planner: Chloe Communications
- Florist: Flowerscence
- Rentals (chandelier): Bombillas y Flores
- Venue: Hotel Hospes Maricel and Spa
- Musicians: Panela!
- Makeup: Esther Edeme
- Hair: Vacker
- Bridal dress: Wtoo
- Bridal store: Merlili Bridal
- Groom’s Attire: Hamburger Masskonfektion