Shalita and Thomas said their ‘I do’s’ in style at their sexy upscale wedding in Philly!
Due to Covid restrictions, the couple had to make a quick decision one week out from their wedding to see if they could have the celebration. Luckily for them, everything worked out and they were able to celebrate their love safely with family and friends!
I realized just how blessed I was to finally have this day actually happen…Shalita
See the beautiful details below!
- Couple: Shalita & Thomas
- Occupations: Benefits Validation Specialist / Maaco Franchise Owner
- Wedding date: Saturday, June 12, 2021
- Wedding location: The Vue on 50 – Philadelphia, PA
- Gifts for bridesmaids and groomsmen: Monogram wine glasses for bridesmaids and a monogram beer mug for the groomsmen
- Gifts for one another: His & Hers massages
- Ceremony entrance song: Anything for You – Ledisi
- First dance song: Meet me on the Moon – Phyllis Hyman
How did you meet?
Our best friends were married to each other and we both just happened to be at their house for a get-together. We couldn’t keep our eyes off of each other all night and eight years later we still feel the same way.
Tell us about the proposal
It was on my birthday, January 4, 2020 (right before the world got crazy). He took me to the Rose Mansion in NYC and as we’re going from room to room drinking he stopped and proposed. I didn’t believe it was true, I thought he had too much to drink.
Elegant, upscale, grown, and sexy.
What was the wedding shopping experience like for you?
Overwhelming, so we both decided to get a custom-made wedding dress by Lillie Couture and a custom-made suit by Styled by Young.
What was your best memory from your wedding?
I realized just how blessed I was to finally have this day actually happen. Due to COVID restrictions, this was our second wedding date because indoor weddings were prohibited in Philadelphia. And being surrounded by friends and family who traveled from Detroit, Atlanta, and Florida during a pandemic was extremely overwhelming.
What is the best advice you can give to engaged couples?
You two are always better and stronger together. Don’t allow outsiders to affect what works best for you both.
- Planning + Designing + Florals: Melissa-May Designs
- Venue: Vue on 50
- Photographer: Richard Wah Photography
- Videographer: Focused Weddings
- Invitations + Favor Bags + Printed Napkins + Aisle Signage: Sharpe Stationery
- Sanitizer giveaways: Melissa-May Florals
- Lighting: Creative Lighting and More
- 360 Photobooth: The Human Blackbook
- Caterer: 12th Street Catering
- DJ: DJ Tragic
- Wedding Cake Designer and Gourmet Treats: Lysa’s Caketique
- Groom and Bride Chairs: Jade’s Event Rentals
- Cake Swing and Clear Columns: Party Hoppers Party Rentals
- Pool table: Party Pros East Coast
- Bride’s Hair: Mane Elite
- Bride’s MUA: Beat by Kah
- Bride’sNails: Luxury Nails by Hafsa
- Bride’s Earrings: Ai & Eva Bridal Jewelry
- Bride’s Shoes: Jimmy Choo
- Bride’s Sneakers: Bling N Blossoms
- Couture Wedding Dress Designer: Lillie Couturier
- Bridesmaids Dresses: Lillie Couturier
- Groom Shoes/Belt: Louis Vuitton
- Groom Watch: Movado
- Groom Suit and Stylist: Styled by Young