Shalonda and Terry’s spring outdoor wedding was a gorgeous celebration of their traditional Southern roots.
While attending their respective colleges of Spelman and Moorehouse the two met at a house party. The couple’s engagement happened after reconnecting while Terry was finishing up dental school in Nashville.
Because the two were planning their wedding long distance they sought out help from Brittany B Events who incorporated elegant and personal touches into their memorable day. With an assortment of purple hues charting the course as the main color story of their springtime wedding, bold pops of color in the pre-party seating areas, floral arrangements, and cake decor all helped to seamlessly harmonize with the vintage interiors of The Barn at Shady Lane.
Scroll through the gallery to see more from their traditional southern wedding!
- Couple: Shalonda Lyles & Terry Lyles
- Wedding date: May 1,2021
- Wedding location: The Barn at Shady Lane in Birmingham, AL
- Gifts for one another: The groom gifted the bride a Chloe handbag.
- First dance song: Loving You by Minnie Ripperton
Getting ready with the bride…
What was the wedding shopping experience like for you?
It was fun, I got to bring my best friend, my nieces and my mother-in-law.
Ready to tie the knot…
Their first look…
What is your best memory from your wedding?
Having my dad walk me down the aisle and the reception was LIT!!
Walking into forever…
Memories are made of this…
What is the best wedding advice you can give to engaged couples?
Hire a wedding planner! We were planning long distance and with two very busy work schedules, our planner was a life saver!
- Wedding Planning and Event Design: Brittany B Events
- Photographer: Ynot Images
- Wedding Venue : The Barn at Shady Lane
- Floral Designer: LSL Event Design
- Rentals: Alabama Event Rentals
- Preparty Furniture and Games : Prophouse Birmingham
- MUA: Precious Sander
- Hair: Keaa Bray
- Bride’s Dress: Imperial Formalwear
- Brides’s Accessories: Ai and Eva Bridal Jewelry
- Bride’s Custom Converses: Pretty Gurl Bows
- Groom’s Tuxedo: The Black Tux
- Groom’s Shoes: Gucci
- Day of Stationery: Paper and More Creations LLC
- DJ, Lighting & Live stream:B Brian Crawford
- Catering:Happy Catering
- Wedding Cake: Daughters Baking
- Cocktail Curators: Barnestending
Looking for more rustic southern weddings?