Couple’s simple glam wedding in Houston, Texas features romance, a cute pup, and lots of love!
With their wedding planned for August of 2020, Angie and Charles (Chuck) decided to have their wedding in spite of COVID and took every precaution to make sure their special day was safe.
Set against the timeless backdrop of Hotel Zaza, they kept their style “simple glam” and incorporated a lovely mix of purples, grays, white, and navy into their decor. They also incorporated traditions from their sorority and fraternity and their mutual love for their beloved dog, Angelo.
To find out more about Angie and Chuck’s journey to love and details from their romantic simple glam wedding (featuring their handsome pup Angelo!), keep scrolling below!
As seen in our Winter 2021 magazine!
- Couple: Angie Curtis and Charles Walker Jr
- Wedding Location: Hotel ZaZa Museum District Houston, Texas
- Wedding Date: August 22, 2020
- Photographer: Joshua Farris (Pharris Photos)
- Wedding flowers: Plants n petals
- Favorite item on menu: Wedding cake
- Bridesmaids/Groomsmen gifts: Bridesmaid’s were given wedding jewelry, monogrammed champagne flutes, silk robes, and a drink of choice. Groomsmen received personalized cufflinks, engraved flasks, and a drink of choice.
- First dance song: “Spend My Life with You” Eric Benet ft Tamia
- Advice for brides: Self care is important! Remember to do what makes you happy, it’s your day!
How they met…
Angie met the love of her life, Charles (Chuck), in 2017 when he joined the gym she was a member of. Chuck quickly caught her attention after winning two fitness challenges!
Inspired by his motivation, Angie asked him to be her accountability partner and soon a friendship blossomed between them. One year later, they decided to take their relationship to the next level and haven’t looked back since!
A year after their first Christmas together, Chuck planned a surprise proposal for Angie inspired by their first Christmas photos taken together on their phones.
Chuck suggested they take “real” Christmas photos this year, so they hired a professional photographer and spent an entire day revisiting some of their favorite spots (like the gym where they first met and the restaurant where they had their first date) taking photos together.
When they arrived at the last location, the photographer instructed Angie to face a large water fountain. When she finally turned around, Chuck was on one knee asking her to marry him! Of course, she said yes! And the photographer captured it all in beautiful photos they’ll cherish forever.
How she knew he was “the one”…
After building a strong foundation as friends, Angie knew Chuck was “the one” for her. She knew she wouldn’t want to spend her life with anyone else.
She says: “…I felt very emotionally safe with him, which was a first for me. I knew I could trust him with my heart.”
While the entire day was so special to them, the couple’s favorite memory was their first look! Angie remembers that moment fondly, recalling how special “it was [for it to be] just the two of us in our own world before all of the hustle and bustle of the day began.”
Angie would describe her wedding style as simple glam.
For her wedding dress, she chose a gorgeous mermaid gown with a full tulle train. Her favorite accessory for the day was her mom’s diamond pinky ring.
Chuck sported a classy black tuxedo and a black bowtie.
They commemorated their marriage by jumping the broom at the end of their ceremony.
The first dance…
Advice for other engaged couples…
No matter what, Angie insists: “remember to have fun!”
Although the planning process can be stressful for any couple, she says “don’t forget to do what is best for you and your future spouse. Also remember to have the big conversations up front.”
Looking for more simple glam wedding inspiration?
- Photography: Pharris Photos @pharrisphotos
- Videography: Cakewalk Films @cakewalkfilms
- Event planner: Alexia McWhinney of The Savvy Consultants @thesavvyconsultants
- Event design: The Savvy Consultants @thesavvyconsultants
- Catering: Hotel ZaZa @zazahouston
- Ceremony venue: Hotel ZaZa @zazahouston
- reception venue: Hotel ZaZa Phantom Ballroom @zazahouston
- Bride’s dress: Winnie Couture @winniecouture
- Bridal salon: Winnie Couture @winniecouture
- Bride’s headpiece and/or veil: Winnie Couture @winniecouture
- Bride’s shoes: Christian Louboutin @louboutinworld
- Bridesmaids dresses: Jarlo London @jarlolondon
- Wedding cake: Susie’s Cakes @susiescakes.houston
- Groom’s Cake: Good Gosh Ganache @goodgoshganache
- Entertainment: DJ Big Reeks @djbigreeks ; Paradigm Photo Booths @paradigmphotobooths
- Florals: Plants ‘n Petals @plantsnpetals
- Groom’s attire: The Black Tux @theblacktux
- Hair: Alex Jean Beauty @alexjeanbeauty
- Lighting: GTX Event Productions @gtxprod
- Linens: Plants n Petals @plantsnpetals
- Makeup: Amethyst Black Artistry (bride) @amethystblackartistry; Noethegr8 (bridal party) @noethegr8
- Rentals: Decor 2 Remember @decor2remember; Plants ‘n Petals @plantsnpetals
- Stationery: Shine Wedding Invitations @shinewedding; Model Paper (menus) @_modelpaper