Your wedding should reflect your style, personality and aesthetic.
When college sweethearts Kendra and Jeremie started planning their summer nuptials, they knew they wanted a wedding that was chic and sophisticated. Kendra shares, “We wanted our look to be timeless. We wanted to look back at our wedding 10 years from now and still love our looks.” So they decided on decor and attire that had a monochromatic, modern yet timeless feel. Kendra wore a beautiful stain, strapless ballgown, and Jeremie and his groomsmen wore all black from head to toe. Cream flowers, subtle pops of pastels, and metallic and mirrored accents created the classic feel the couple desired. See all of the details perfectly planned by MunaLuchi Coterie member Joie de Vie Weddings & Events below.
- Couple: Kendra & Jeremie
- Occupations: We are both entrepreneurs.
- Wedding date: Sunday, July 14, 2019
- Wedding location: Bella Collina, Montverde, FL
- Bridesmaids and groomsmen gifts: The bridesmaids and groomsmen both received custom duffel bags with gifts inside.
- Gifts for one another: The bride received a rose gold diamond bracelet from Jared’s and the groom received an all-Black Sapphire Movado watch.
- Ceremony entrance song: “Blessed” by Daniel Caesar
- First dance song: “Everything” by Ella Mai & John Legend
How did you meet?
In college at Florida A&M University.
Tell us about the proposal.
Jeremie proposed in the year of 2017 on Christmas Day. He waited until the end of the day and made sure my family was there to witness our special moment.
Describe your wedding style.
We wanted our look to be timeless. We wanted to look back at our wedding 10 years from now and still love our looks.
The groom and groomsmen wore all black from head to toe. The groom had a custom suit made from a custom atelier, Zastres Sartorial (designer, Jose Roa). The groomsmen wore all black from Jos. A Bank.
And of course, me, the bride, wore a beautiful Camila dress by Rita Vinieris and a beautiful pearl veil by Untamed Petals from Solutions Bridal Designer House. The bridesmaids wore off the shoulder Dessy cameo colored dresses with a middle split from Bella Bridesmaids. Our shopping experience was smooth. All of the designers were very helpful during the shopping process. Erica Trunk with Solutions Bridal Designer House was phenomenal during the process of deciding and finalizing my dress and veil look.
Did you incorporate any culture into your wedding?
We incorporated an African American tradition with a Crossing Stick ceremony during a sparkler send-off.
What is your best memory from your wedding?
Jeremie’s best memory is seeing Kendra walk down the aisle for the first time. Kendra’s best memory is the first dance as newlyweds.
What is the best wedding advice you can give to engaged couples?
The best advice I can give to an engaged couple is to use your time wisely and don’t rush. Plan and prioritize your time and money. It was so helpful having my parents by my side to help with the planning. It is important to have a support system. Also, a wedding planner or coordinator is a must-have. As the bride and groom, you do not have the time to oversee your vendors on the day of the wedding. Kerline from Joie De Vie Weddings & Events was our month-of wedding coordinator, but honestly, she was more than that. Kerline gave us a sound mind and the confidence in knowing our wedding day details were taken care of. Finally, be sure to work with vendors that are passionate about the work and service they provide.
- Bride’s First Wedding Gown Salon: Solutions Bridal
- Bride’s First Wedding Gown Designer: Rita Vinieris
- Bride’s Veil: Untamed Petals
- Bridesmaids Attire: The Dessy Group
- Cake Artist: Le Petit Sweet
- Coordination: Joie de Vie Weddings & Events
- Custom Chairs: Bubble Orlando
- Custom Dance Floor: Letz Dance On It!
- Custom Rolls Royce: Orlando Wedding Cars
- Custom Signage: Chic Signs
- DJ/Entertainment: DJ Emcee
- Floral Design, Décor Drape, Chargers + Napkin Rings: RJ Glamour Innovations
- Groom’s Atelier: Zastres Sartorial & Jos A Banks
- Hair & Makeup Bride: The bride- The Mane Emporium LLC
- MUA: Bridesmaids- Mimi MUA
- Minister: Minister DZ Washington
- Mirrored Table Tops: Nikun Events
- Photo Booth: Sassy Photobooth
- Photographer: Tab McCausland Photography
- Reception Emcee: Smart Mouth Saturdays, LLC
- Tables/Arm Chairs: A Chair Affair
- Venue/Food & Beverage: Bella Collina
- Videography: Legendary Films By Damir, LLC