When planning your wedding, it is easy to get caught up in the details. But, never forget that weddings are personal ceremonies of commitment and should reflect your desires and personality. Ronnie and Caryle have always valued their intimacy. So when it came to their wedding, they decided to elope. Carlyle shares, “elopement allowed us to do things how WE wanted to, without the pressures of outside influences.” They made the right choice for them- to be in the moment without any distractions.
The results were breathtaking. Their ceremony in Santorini, Greece was a picturesque dream. They exchanged vows overlooking the Aegean Sea. Minimalist bohemian-inspired cream decor with accents of pampas grass served as the perfect accompaniment to the distinctive white and pastel architecture of Santorini. After their ceremony, the couple watched the sunset as they celebrated with champagne and toasted to their new life together.
- Full Name of Couple: Ronnie Steward and Carlye Myka Steward
- Location of Wedding: Santorini, Greece
- Wedding Date: July 20, 2019
- First Dance Song: ”All of Me” by John Legend
- Advice for Brides: Be you, relax, and enjoy every moment!
What made you choose to elope?
We love to travel, so a destination was always in our plans. But, we decided on elopement because it allowed us to do things how WE wanted to, without the pressures of outside influences. We would’ve loved to have our family and friends there to share those moments with us, but it was so special to have something, a moment in time, that only the two of us shared. It allowed us to be in the moment, and focus on each other solely, without any distractions.
The moment we kissed, and celebrated with champagne, for the first time as Mr. And Mr. Steward.
Advice for Engaged Couples
The best advice we can give to engaged couples is to do what makes you two happy. Wedding planning, even elopement planning can be so stressful, and the pressure of everyone around you and their opinions can be really overwhelming. At the end of it all, it is about the two of you, and coming together as one, celebrating your love. We couldn’t be happier with our decisions, and have no regrets!
- Event Planner: Divine Weddings Santorini
- Photography: Days Made of Love
- Bride’s Dress: Sirena by Watters
- Bridal Salon: Bridal & Formal Cincinnati, OH
- Bride’s Shoes: Badgley Mischka
- Ceremony Venue: Andromeda Villas
- Event Decor/Design: Divine Weddings Santorini
- Florals: Betty Flowers Santorini
- Hair & Makeup: Carlye Myka
- Reception Venue: Andromeda Villas
- Videography: Mont Videography