Featured in MunaLuchi Bride, Issue No. 26, this classic royal wedding at The Grove in NJ boasts lux decor, star-studded performances, and more!
A classic royal wedding was the theme of Vanessa & Djhael’s Christ-centered nuptials. Being connected in their Faith and the Church, the pair first bonded through youth conferences, leadership, and their passion for ministry. Over time, Vanessa shares, “While in service of the Lord, our friendship grew, eventually leading to a blessed courtship and the most thoughtful proposal in front of family and close friends.”
Set at The Grove, a luxury wedding venue in New Jersey, Vanessa’s royal wedding dreams came true on July 6, 2021! Guests dressed in all-black formal attire with bridesmaids slipping into sleek gold gowns and groomsmen wearing black suits and a tie or bow tie. The décor complimented their theme with gold, white, and cream accents.
Other highlights included stunning floral arrangements, great food, and performances by international singer, Felina Backer, accompanied by pianist, Assel Jean-Pierre, and a string quartet at their ceremony and reception.
More sweet details below!
- Couple: Vanessa Gelin & Djhael Castor
- Occupations: Vanessa is a Medical Student and Djhael is an Entrepreneur
- Wedding date: 07/06/2021
- Wedding location: Luxury Wedding Venue in NJ: The Grove
- Gifts for your bridesmaids and groomsmen: Bridesmaids were given custom boxes that included champagne glasses with their names, accessory holders, scented candles, and customized robes. Groomsmen received customized boxes which included luxury bow ties from the groom’s small business, customized gold lapel pins, and cuff links.
- Gifts for one another: Djhael gave a watch to Vanessa and she gave him a boudoir photo album.
- Ceremony entrance song: “Air From the Water” by George F. Handel played by the string quartet.
- First dance song: “If You Could See You Through My Eyes” by Kenny Lattimore.
How they met & their proposal story…
Ours is not an ostentatious love but that does not make it any less genuine and true. In order to understand where we are today, it helps to know where we have come from – and that place, unsurprisingly, is the church.
Our story starts with youth leadership, conferences, and a shared passion for ministry and music. Over time, while in service of the Lord, our friendship grew, eventually leading to a blessed courtship and the most thoughtful proposal in front of family and close friends at a Restaurant on Long Island called The Fox Hollow in Woodbury, NY.
It was truly a dream. Classical and romantic music was playing as I made my grand entrance into this stunning place with gorgeous décor as Djhael was getting ready to kneel and ask for my hand in marriage. It was truly a surprise as Djhael told me we were going to a friend’s graduation party.
Ours is a steadfast, modest, and Christ-centred love. We are committed to encouraging, loving, and building with one another. As we take this next step, we are eternally grateful for the journey we have been on these past years and eagerly await what is to come with faith, hope, and of course love.
Their first look…
Our wedding had a Royal theme and our main colors were white, gold and cream. I wanted a classy royal wedding and it really happened and was carried out throughout the entire wedding with the bridesmaids wearing gold dresses, our wedding décor was in gold, white, and cream. We also asked all of our guests to wear black.
Our dress code was all black formal attire: ebony gowns for the ladies and a black suit and tie or bow tie for the gentlemen. The groomsmen wore black tuxedos. Djhael was handsome in an alabaster tuxedo jacket showcasing a regal pattern and black lapels, and I wore an Enzoani mermaid gown or a V-neck trumpet gown that had a beaded floral lace bodice and stretch mikado skirt and train. The covered beautiful buttons going all the way down the train elegantly pull the look together.
Wedding shopping experience…
It was great. My mother, my sister, and Annie, my wedding planner, went with me to purchase my dream dress. As we got to Seng Couture, the bridal salon, Annie had pinpointed some dresses which she knew I would like and they were all beautiful. My mom and my sister did the same. I was looking for a classy, yet royal look… I wanted a clean dress with a little “bling bling.” And as I was trying a couple of dresses, my mom brought the Enzoani Pascale dress for me to try on, which described what I was looking for and I said yes to the dress.
During cocktail hour, we served Haitian foods such as fried plantains, fried goat, and Haitian Pickled Vegetable Relish. In Hatian Creole (Bannan Peze, Tassot ak Pikliz). We also had Black Mushroom rice (Riz Djon Djon).
Reception space & decor…
Best wedding day memories…
Reading our vows to each other and promising to be with each other until death do us part. It was the best moment of my life as I got to marry the man of my dreams, the man that I love.
A string quartet, a pianist, and two saxophonists perform at our Christ-centered ceremony. I love classical music. I am a singer; therefore, we also had a well-known international singer, Felina Backer, accompanied by the exceptional pianist, Assel Jean-Pierre, who performed during both our wedding ceremony and reception.
We also loved our wedding decor which was so gorgeous. We had majestic and royal floral arrangements. Our wedding décor was magical, but the food, music, and entertainment were great as well.
We did not give wedding favors; however, we had a 360 photo booth for our guests to enjoy and to have as a memory of our wedding. They really enjoyed it.
We also had a band who played the entire wedding night during the reception. We had a DJ as well.
Wedding advice for other engaged couples…
If you are a Christian, plan with God and put God in everything that you do. I would also encourage engaged couples to enjoy each other as a couple. I would also advise future couples to hire a Wedding Planner for guidance throughout the wedding process and Day of Coordinator so that the day of your wedding will be well-coordinated, and you can enjoy this special day! And Yes, we hired a wedding planner who helped us tremendously and did a wonderful job coordinating our wedding day. Many thanks to Stylish Affair Events.
Looking for more royal wedding venues like The Grove?
- Wedding Planner & Coordinator: Annie. V of Stylish Affair Events
- Floral Desiger: Sarcon Flower Couture
- Venue: The Grove
- Invitations & Menus: Boxed Wedding Invitations
- Photography: Amy Anaiz Photography
- Videography: Luxor Wedding Films
- Hair Stylist: Modimel Weddings
- Bride’s Makeup Artist: Ashley Jay Beauty
- Bridesmaid Makeup Artist: I Am Jennyfer Pierre
- Bride’s Gown: Enzoani
- Bridesmaids Dresses: Seng Couture
- Groom’s Tuxedos: Garçon Couture
- Bride’s Robe & Slippers: Mia Elena Couture Bridal Boutique
- Bride’s Hairpece: Bridal Styles Boutique
- Customized Sneakers: Stylish Affair Accessories
- Bridesmaids Dresses/Tailor/Seamster: House of Daveanand
- Lapel Pins: Jewelry By Ilia
- Quartet: Wendy kerner Harpist
- Band & DJ: JP Sonic
- Groom & Groomsmen Attendant: Guinsly Damas
- Coordinators: Carmelle at Stylish Affair Events
- Dancing on Cloud & 360 Photobooth: Kenny DJK NYCE
- Seating Chart & Dance Floor Wrap: GoToShout
- Flower Girls Dresses: Kingdom Boutique
- Groom & Groomsmen Suits: MOATTARI Menswear
- Personal Wedding Vows: Ave Creations
- Luxury Linens: The Finishing Touch Luxury Linens
- Draping: Perez Events
- Luxury Rentals: Glam Party Rentals
- Bakery: Palermo Bakery
- MC/Host: Pastor Gregory Nelson
- Band, sound system & DJ: JP Sonic
- Band Lead Singer: Felina Backer