The Somerley at Fox Hollow in Long Island, New York, set the scene for Ernest and Shurland’s classy wedding with blue details, touching tributes to family, and a gorgeous gown.
Ernest and Shurland first met in 2016 at work. It wasn’t until years later in 2020 when they were assigned to work together that they discovered they had a lot in common. A romantic first date viewing the city skyline in Long Island City, Queens, established their connection, and soon after, in June 2020, they made things official.
One year later, on June 23, 2021, while celebrating their first year anniversary at The Fox Hollow, Ernest popped the question! He surprised Shurland with a delicious chocolate fudge ice cream dessert plate, which stated: “Will you marry me?”. He then got down on one knee, pulled out a ring, and asked Shurland to marry him. Of course, she said yes!
The pair returned to the site of their proposal, The Somerley at Fox Hollow, to say “I Do’s” on July 22, 2022. It was a day filled with sentimental touches, including tributes to both of their fathers who have passed, and a family sand pouring ceremony. They also celebrated their multicultural backgrounds through music, entertaining guests with Jamaican and Trinidadian beats with nods to their Southern American roots as well. It was truly an unforgettable day filled with so much joy and love!
More sweet details below!
- Couple: Ernest and Shurland Junious
- Occupations: Law Enforcement
- Wedding date: July 22, 2022
- Wedding location: Woodbury, Long Island , NY
- Gifts for their bridesmaids & groomsmen: Jewelry for the Bridesmaids and Flasks for the groomsmen.
- Ceremony entrance song: “Why I love You” by Major
- First dance song: “Get You” by Daniel Caesar Feat Kali Uchis)
Wedding style & attire…
I wore a Martina Liana Style 906 Spaghetti Strap lace Mermaid Dress. Ernest wore a Black by Vera Wang Midnight Tux.
Their first look…
Wedding shopping experience…
As I shopped at Klienfeld, for my wedding dress it was a smooth experience. The staff was very supportive and made it a very fun time.
Mr. & Mrs…
We incorporated our backgrounds with our music of choice. Our family is a blend of West Indian ( Jamaican and Trinidadian ) and Southern American.
Best wedding day memory…
Walking down the aisle. It was such a calming breathtaking experience.
Advice for other engaged couples…
Remember that this is your day, cherish every moment. And don’t forget to EAT, lol.
Looking for more classic wedding inspiration?
- Venue: The Somerley at Fox Hollow
- Catering: Fox Hollow Catering
- Photography/Videography: ADA Studio
- DJ: DJ So Fresssh
- Florist: Lily And Grace Floral
- Cake: Francesco Bakery
- Hair/MUA: Glamour by Shaniqua
- Hair Accessories: Aiandeva
- Wedding Dress: Martina Liana Bridal
- Grooms Suit: Mens Wearhouse
- Bridesmaid Dresses: Davids Bridal