Timeless & Romantic multicultural wedding in New Jersey has breathtaking flower art, elegant décor, and sweet moments with family.
Nadelyn and Richard’s love story began in a whirlwind of flirtatious chemistry and laughter. By the end of their first dinner date in November 2019, the couple knew they had something special. So special, in fact, that Richard asked Nadelyn to be his girlfriend that same night!
Over a year later in December 2020, Richard asked Nadelyn to marry him at the Rockefeller Center by the Christmas tree in New York City. Of course, she said yes!
The couple celebrated their love with their family and friends in a gorgeous wedding at the Chateau Grande Hotel in East Brunswick, New Jersey. Their timeless and romantic nuptials boasts beautiful florals, an extravagantly decorated venue, and so much love.
- Couple: Nadelyn Backer-Ali & Richard Ali
- Occupations: Program Director & Data Analyst
- Wedding date: Thursday, May 27, 2021
- Wedding location: Chateau Grande Hotel, East Brunswick, NJ
- Gifts for bridesmaids and groomsmen:
- For Maid of honors: Versace watches
- For the bridesmaid: Idole L’Intense perfume by Lancôme
- Groomsman: Engraved toiletry bags & Burberry cologne
- Gifts for one another: Richard gave Nadelyn 24 magenta roses from Rose Box New York City & Nadelyn gave Richard an engraved Météore cologne by Louis Vuitton
- Groom Ceremony entrance song: “Get Lucky” – Daft Punk & Pharrell by DJ
- Bride Ceremony entrance song: “Why I Love You” – MAJOR
- Reception Entrance: “Coming in Hot” – Lecrae & Any Mineo
- First dance song: ‘Till Death Do Us Part & Jerusalema Mix- Brian Nhira & Master KG/ Nomecembo
How they met…
Their official journey started on November 20, 2019 in Washington, DC when Richard asked Nadelyn out on a date.
Their first date was at a restaurant called “Honey Pig Korean BBQ” which was a highly recommended restaurant by the Food Network. When Richard and Nadelyn met at the restaurant, they instantly clicked! And a flirtatious banter sparked between them.
By the end of the night, they didn’t want to leave each other and Richard asked Nadelyn to be his girlfriend! Of course, she said “yes” and since then, they’ve been inseparable.
On December 26, 2020, Richard proposed to Nadelyn at the Rockefeller Center by the Christmas Tree in New York City, and she said “YES!”
Their overall wedding style was timeless elegance and it showed in their attire!
Nadelyn’s wedding dress was an all white ball gown with beaded crystals and Richard wore a custom formal Italian white Paisley double breasted Peak Lapel jacket. For his second look, he changed into a custom solid mauve shawl lapel jacket with floral lining.
Wedding shopping experience…
For Nadelyn, the shopping experience was great. With the help of her family and friends, she knew exactly what she wanted. And after explaining her vision to Marjorie and Nada, they executed her vision perfectly!
The couple incorporated Nadelyn’s Haitian-American background into their wedding through music and dancing.
Best wedding day memory…
A stand out moment for Nadelyn was seeing all of the beautiful décor from the ceremony, cocktail hour, and at the reception. She was amazed by the number of flowers used!
Another favorite memory was seeing her husband at the end of the aisle. He was crying, which made her cry even more. But most importantly, feeling the love from friends and family. It was truly the best day of their lives.
Reception space & décor…
Advice for other engaged couples…
Their best advice for other engaged couples is to “always put God first, pray, and communicate.”
During the wedding planning process, they also “…made sure to spend one on one time together by going on weekly date nights.”
Looking for more timeless & Romantic multicultural wedding inspiration?
- Photographer: Linda McQueen Photography
- Wedding Planner & Designer: MBM Events & Design
- Florist: Wedded Events
- Videographer: Bricks Group Media
- Hair: Tyra Glam
- Makeup: Beauty by Bless
- Custom Crown: Bridal Styles Boutique
- Custom Bridal Robe: MauchioKutz Galleria
- Ceremony Wedding Dress: Bridal Suite of Bayshore
- Custom Reception Dress Look 1: Sue Manuell ; Dress Look 2: Walone Fashion Group
- Custom Tux for Ceremony & Reception: Brian Alexander Bespoke
- Stationery: Boxed Wedding Invitations
- Floor Wraps & Signage: SHOUT! Dance Floor Wraps
- Wedding Cake: Lovely Layers
- Rentals: Lap of Luxury & RSVP Event Rentals
- DJ: DJ ExeQtive
- MC: DJ Royal
- Strings: The Music Boutique
- Wedding Favors: Nadia’s Kitchen & Home