Timeless and romantic wedding celebrates love and unifies cultures with black and white décor, flag dances, a gravity-defying wedding cake, and more!
Tiffany and Marshall’s wedding was a classic, elegant, and timeless affair. Set in the Cescaphe Ballroom in Philadelphia, the pair looked equally stunning in their wedding day attire. Tiffany walked down the aisle in a flowing ball gown with a long cathedral veil and Marshall wore a refined black tuxedo. After their vows and pronouncing them husband and wife, the couple celebrated with a triumphant dance up the aisle!
Other highlights included celebratory toasts via Zoom, SO much dancing (including line dances, flag dances, first dances, and more!), an inverted wedding cake, and the bride’s second sparkly dress for the reception.
Behind the lens, capturing every moment, our very own coterie member, John Bynum of iExclusive Productions, was thrilled to work with wedding planner extraordinaire, Donielle Warren of Elegant Events, to bring the couple’s vision to life.
John adds, “We were also honored to work with Sheronda Seawright Photography on our second collaboration. We’re all about helping couples celebrate unity – and we’re equally proud to unite with others who serve our industry with excellence.”
Keep scrolling below for more details on Tiffany and Marshall’s timeless wedding celebration (and make sure to check out iExclusive Productions wedding video here!).
- Couple: Marshall and Tiffany Bvuma
- Occupations: Marshall is an Accountant and Tiffany is a Property Manager.
- Wedding date: August 8, 2021
- Wedding location: Philadelphia, PA
- Ceremony: St. Matthew AME Church
- Reception: The Cescaphe Ballroom
- Gifts for bridesmaids and groomsmen: The bridesmaids were gifted monogrammed jewelry boxes and a coffee cup along with matching tie-dye short lounge sets. The groomsmen received cigars, cigar cutter, and t–shirts.
- Gifts for one another: They didn’t exchange gifts; however, Tiffany wore her maternal grandmother’s wedding ring on her right hand.
- Ceremony entrance song: The groom walked down to Major “Why I love you” The bride walked down to Cannon D played on the organ.
- First dance song: They decided to tell a story with a mix of songs. Starting with Etta James’s “At Last” to fit their timeless, classic and romantic wedding theme, they then cut to Tupac’s “California Love” to pay tribute to the long distance phase of their relationship. They finished their dance down the aisle to an upbeat love song by Zimbabwean artist Jah Prayzah called “Nziyo Yerudo.”
How they met…
The pair first met when they were set up by Tiffany’s friend (who happens to be Marshall’s cousin).
Tiffany reveals the proposal was a “total surprise.”
She recalls, “Marshall led me to believe his friend was doing a blog on love and dating in the pandemic and wanted to take our pictures.”
So, she said yes, not knowing he had something much more significant in mind. Marshall chose the Ben Franklin Parkway in Philadelphia for their pictures. He actually popped the question right across from the restaurant where they had their first date!
“Shortly after he proposed, we went for dinner at The Logan where a small group of our family and friends joined in our celebration.”
Wedding style & shopping experience…
The couple describes their overall wedding style as “timeless, classic, and romantic.”
To continue their timeless romantic theme, Tiffany wore a stunning ball gown for the ceremony with a long train and lace veil. After cutting the cake, she changed into a a form-fitting dress with lots of bling at the top and a cascading train.
Marshall looked equally classy in a custom made tuxedo with red lining. He added small details, like having Tiffany’s name stitched inside near his pocket along with his tribal totem engraved into the jacket’s collar, for extra meaning.
Looking back on their wedding day attire, they both agree: “We loved for things to be meaningful with the attention to detail. We [also] felt like our attire was best for a church ceremony as well as for the reception at the ballroom. [It] also went well with our timelessly romantic wedding theme.”
Tying in elements of both of their cultures was important for these two.
Tiffany says, “We tied in my Black American culture by jumping the broom as well as getting married in my church where my parents got married 45 years ago.”
Marshall’s Zimbabwean culture was incorporated through the music they played and in the second part of their reception when they re-entered the room to a traditional song with flags.
Mr. & Mrs….
One of Tiffany and Marshall’s favorite wedding day memories was their ceremony.
Hearing “we now pronounce you husband and wife” and knowing “they were now one” was a special moment they’ll never forget.
Tiffany adds, “Another highlight was jumping the broom and processioning down the aisle, well more like dancing down the aisle. Marshall picked a South African song which had the perfect beat to dance and celebrate to.”
Their first dance…
Words for the bride & groom…
“…Christ performed the first miracle at a wedding in Canaan…” Officiant
“…the is the day that you became Mr. and Mrs. Bvuma…” – Best Man
“…laugh as much as you can, and never forget to have fun together…” – Maid of Honor
“…love always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres…” – 1 Corinthians 13:7
“…always choose love…over anything…” – Maid of Honor
Advice for other engaged couples…
The best advice they have for other couple’s is to “focus on the love” and most importantly, each other.
“Pick a day where there is no wedding talk or planning, just a day of love, gratitude, and fun.”
Looking for more timeless & romantic wedding inspiration?
- Wedding Planner: Donielle Warren and Elegant Events Planning & Design
- Photography: Sheronda Seawright Photography
- Videographer: John Bynum of iExclusive Productions Studios
- Entertainment: Ryan Abney of The R Productions
- Florals: Elegant Events Design studio, Sheila Corbett
- Stationery: AppyCouple
- Makeup Artist: Erica Nikole
- Hair: Topflight Studio
- Bride’s Dresses: Reception – Carolyn Zinni Bridal Salon ; Ceremony – La Bella Donna – Jenkintown PA
- Bridesmaid’s Fashion: David’s Bridal
- Grooms Tuxedo: Hive and Colony (Philadelphia – King of Prussia Mall)
- Groomsmen Attire: Men’s Wearhouse
- Reception Venue: Cescaphe Ballroom (Philadelphia, PA)
- Ceremony Venue: St. Matthew A.M.E. Church (Philadelphia, PA)
- Transportation 1: First Class Luxury Limos
- Transportation 2: Cescaphe Trolley
- Travel & Accommodations: Canopy by Hilton Philadelphia Center City