On one sunny day in July, Olivia and Tremayne traveled to the soft sands of Curaçao, an island off the coast of Venezuela, with their closest family and friends. This wasn’t just any vacation or getaway but a stunning celebration of love, of Tremayne and Olivia’s One Night to Forever in Curaçao.
The day peaked under the sun as Tremayne walked down the aisle in a crisp white suit to await Olivia’s arrival in her gorgeous mesh feathered gown in front of a crowd of love dressed in celebratory “all white”. Prayer covered the brides as they exchanged rings and vows.
To celebrate, they danced the night away with drinks and hot entertainment until the sun came up and then they continued to party.
Our wedding was not just a wedding but an experience/vacation with our family and some of our closest friends.– the Brides
Keep reading to learn more about the before and after party!
- Couple: Tremayne Woodard & Olivia Barber-Garnett
- Occupations: TV/Film Accountants
- Wedding date: July 7, 2023
- Wedding location: Curacao Marriott Beach Resort
- Bridesmaids gifts: a candle, drink cozy, champagne glass, liquor, straw, shot glass, candy, affirmation cards, pencil case. We also paid for their dresses and accessories.
- Bridesmen gifts: a gift box that included: a monogrammed hand towel, a monogrammed whiskey glass, a monogrammed toiletry bag, and two mini bottles of Jameson. We also paid for their groomsmen’s suits.
- Tremayne’s entrance song: “You & I” by Stevie Wonder
- Olivia’s entrance song: “I Guess I’m In Love” by Clinton Kane
- First dance song: “Hey” by We Are King
What was your wedding theme?
We titled the event “One Night to Forever.”
Spending five days on the beautiful island of Curacao, a place my wife and I consider to be a home away from home, we had a beautiful beachside ceremony followed by a beachside cocktail hour that ended with a fire-dancer performance. Following that was our courtyard reception, and because we didn’t want the party to end, we had an after-party in the hotel complete with a DJ and drinks.
Outside of the wedding, we hosted other events for our guests including a yacht day and s’mores by a campfire. Other than our wedding, the biggest highlight of our time on the island was seeing our family and friends make genuine connections with one another, friendships being made, and lasting, once-in-a-lifetime memories created.
How did you meet?
We met at a mutual friend’s birthday party.
Who popped the forever question?
Olivia proposed to Tremayne on July 15, 2020, Tremayne’s birthday.
Sitting with Tremayne on the couch, she asked if she wanted her other birthday gift (she had already given Tremayne one earlier in the day), and of course Tremayne said yes. Olivia presented Tremayne with a ring box and once Tremayne opened it, she was surprised at what she saw.
She nervously told Tremayne this ring was a promise ring, a forever girlfriend ring, a “whatever you want it to mean” ring, so Tremayne asked Olivia, “What was your intention when you purchased this ring?”
Olivia admitted, “I want you to be my forever girlfriend” and Tremayne immediately said yes.
Tremayne: A custom suit. I initially planned to go with a blue blazer, but Olivia wanted me in white which I happily obliged. I told my designer what color and style I wanted (tuxedo pants, light fabric since we’ll be on the beach) and they picked out the fabric, cut, and the perfect color.
Olivia: A mermaid-style style, mesh-top, accented with sparkles and ostrich feathers. I wanted something I could dance in and would be comfortable wearing all night. I also wanted something breathable since the ceremony and reception took place outside.
Was the shopping fun or stressful ladies?
Olivia: Overwhelming. It was the first time I had ever been to a bridal shop when the shopping experience was about me. Thankfully, the designer I went with was super kind and patient and customized the shopping experience to my vision.
Tremayne: Easy. I met with several designers in one day to see which one I would choose and the one I went with was a no-brainer. I liked what I had seen on his IG and I even liked his personal style. He was kind and easy-going, and my family enjoyed meeting him as well; I knew he’d design the suit I was looking for.
Did you personalize your theme?
Yes! Culture! We wanted to incorporate an Ethiopian tradition and after some research, we decided on two: a libation ceremony to acknowledge family members who have passed away and a ring-warming ceremony which included handing the rings to our parents so they can say a silent prayer over us and our marriage.
Favorite memory from this beautiful day?
Our first look. We got a chance to see each other’s wedding outfits for the first time and take a moment to ourselves before the ceremony.
Any advice for other engaged couples?
Take as many small moments as you can to take it all in and be kind to everyone involved in bringing your wedding together.
Looking for more destination wedding inspo?
- Videographers: Wedding Film Pros and Tabari Sturdivant
- Event Production: Priceless Event Planning
- Photography: Claudia Sanches at WOW Wedding Details
- Olivia’s Bridal Gowns: Pantora Bridal
- Tremayne’s Suit: Billionaire New York
- Bridesmaids Dresses: Pantora Bridal
- Bridesmen Suits: The Manor House of Mr. Classic’s Haberdashery
- Rings: Worthmore Jewelers
- Cake: David Corsen Cakes
- Ceremony Venue & Host Hotel: Curacao Marriott Beach Resort
- Decor: Une Journee Speciale; Royal Rentals Curacao; Obelysque Flower Shop
- Hair: Chloe Henderson (Flow by Chloe) & Missy Rice (Stylz Unlimited)
- Makeup: Shawna Maharaj (Look Lab) and Dasha Thode
- Nails: Tu La 2 Nail Salon
- Stylist: Style Me Luckie
- DJ: DJ Prince Akeem
- Fire dancers: KC Events Curacao
- Officiant: Miriam Niles