When Yinka and Nitin spotted each other across the bar, it was an instant love connection. Yinka recalls, “It was a Wednesday, so the bar was closing a little early, and we decided to go to another spot together. We ended up going to three other spots together because we didn’t want our night to end and places kept closing on us!”
When Nitin was ready to propose, he decided to make it an intimate moment with just the two of them… and their dog! Yinka reminisces, “I was getting ready for dinner and when I came out of the bathroom into our bedroom, there were candles everywhere and Stevie Wonder was playing. At first, I just thought he was being romantic, but then he started telling me how he felt. I said, ‘OMG! You’re doing it!!!’ Then he opened our bedroom door, let our dog Omari in, got on his knee to play with him a bit and pulled my ring off his collar. It was perfect.”
Their adorable dog was also a part of their gorgeous multicultural wedding in Dallas. Yinka is Nigerian and Nitin is Indian, so they had three ceremonies in one day. That meant three dress changes for the stylish couple and their handsome wedding party. Yinka was a glamorous sight to behold in every dress she wore including her modern A-line gown. The Sikka’s wedding was the perfect fusion of love and culture.
- Full names of couple: Yinka Animashaun & Nitin Sikka
- Occupations: Nitin – Investor: Yinka- Dog Clothing & Accessory Designer
- Wedding Date: November 23, 2019
- Wedding location: Westin Stonebriar Hotel & Golf Club- Dallas, TX
- Bridesmaids/Groomsmen gifts: I got my bridesmaids Dior friendship bracelets.
- Nitin got his groomsmen monogrammed overnight bags filled with Advil, Red Bull & other essentials, lol.
- First dance song: “Adorn” by Miguel
I’m Nigerian & Nitin is Indian. We wanted to honor both our cultures and we only wanted our ceremony to be one day so we had 3 ceremonies in one day!
Best Wedding Memory
During our Christian ceremony looking into the crowd & seeing all our friends & family smiling. There was so much joy throughout the day.
Advice for Engaged Couples
Put you and your partner’s wants first… it’s YOUR wedding.
- Event Planning: Dure Events
- Photographer: Nana Annan Photography
- Dress: Alyne by Rita Vinieris
- Dress Boutique: Lovely Bride Dallas
- Veil: Toni Federici
- Dress Alterations: Altered For The Altar
- White Dress Shoes: Manolo Blahnik
- White Dress Earrings: Bvlgari
- Reception Dress: C.Monaco
- Hair Stylist: Pearl Joy Beauty Bridal
- MUA: GlamourRX
- Bride & Groom Nigerian Look: Bimmms24
- Wedding Party Styling & Bridal Escort: Segungele
- Videography: Felicity Moments
- Event Decor: Flora Eventi
- Nigerian Look Shoes: Bottega Veneta
- Indian Look Shoes: YSL
- Nigerian Catering: Glorious Feast
- Nigerian Late Night Bites: Tasty Bites
- Baraat DJ: DJ Jazz Entertainment
- Wedding DJ: DJ Don X
- Photo Booth: mirmir photo
- Groom’s Tux: J Crew
- Groomsmen Tux: The Black Lux
- Venue: The Westin Stonebriar
- Dog’s Indian & Nigerian Look Design: Chief By Ubong
- Bride’s Indian Dress:Asia Boutique
- Groom’s Indian Attire: Manyavar
- Indian Food: Sigree
- Cake: Fancy Cakes By Lauren
- Cookies: The Cookie Rack