Vernice and Jafari celebrated their union with a charming sky blue and champagne wedding at The Piedmont Room in Atlanta, Georgia!
Vernice and Jafari met organically and fell in love with each other. Shortly after having their beautiful son, Jafari proposed to Vernice on her birthday during an intimate and romantic dinner.
We were the last customers in the restaurant. Very intimate. I was crying like a baby, it was a beautiful moment.Vernice
To honor and remember Vernice’s grandmother who passed away in 2020, the couple included her favorite color, baby blue, into their color scheme. They enjoyed planning their wedding with the help of family and had a beautiful day celebrating with their loved ones!
See the charming details below!
- Couple: Vernice & Jafari
- Occupations: Owner of Shea Locs Natural Hair Studio and Souf Side Smoke Shop
- Wedding date: June 20, 2021
- Wedding location: The Piedmont Room, Atlanta GA
- Ceremony entrance song: All I Need with Mary J. Blige mixed with Aretha Franklin’s version mixed by DJ Cut Creator
- First dance song: Is this Love, Bob Marley
Tell us how you met and all about the proposal
We fell in love organically. My birthday, February 20th, 2020, I just had our beautiful son and he took me to dinner. He first surprised me with a new car, then proposed to me at dinner. We were the last customers in the restaurant. Very intimate. I was crying like a baby, it was a beautiful moment.
Our colors were baby blue, white, and champagne. Baby Blue was my grandmother’s favorite color, she passed away in November of 2020.
What was the wedding shopping experience like for you?
The shopping experience was easy. I went to one store and the third dress was a yes. My dress was very sexy and classy.
What is the best memory from your wedding?
My favorite part was planning my wedding with my family. Everyone involved was family; flowers, DJ, coordinator, officiant, etc.
What is the best wedding advice you can give to engaged couples?
Stick to your budget.
- Planner: Lynei Woodard
- Photographer: Bonnie Blu Studios
- Florist: Angelic Blooms Floral Designs
- Venue: The Piedmont room
- Cake: Sugar Fix
- Dress: David’s Bridal
- Shoes: Angela Mullen
- Jewlery: Angela Mullen
- Bouquet: Angelic Blooms Floral Designs
- Caterer: The Piedmont Room
- Dj: Brian “Cut Creater” Philpot
- Mua: Christine Amelie Saint Louis
- Hair: Shea Locs Studio