Joi and Gregory celebrated their love with family and friends at their chic rooftop wedding in Columbus, Ohio!
Joi and Gregory first met through social media. In 2019, they went on a family cruise to the Bahamas. One night during the vacation, Gregory led Joi out to a beautiful Cabana where they had drinks and reveled in the atmosphere of the island. As they were discussing their dreams for the future, Gregory began to express his love for Joi and got down on one knee.
Their wedding in Columbus, Ohio featured chic details, gorgeous decor, and a rich-toned color palette, leaving their guests in awe. The stunning panoramic view of Downtown created a dreamy and ultra-romantic atmosphere, further impressing their guests and making their wedding day that much more perfect!
See the beautiful details below!
- Couple: Joi & Gregory
- Occupations: Program Coordinator & Truck Driver
- Wedding date: October 21, 2021
- Wedding location: Columbus, OH
How they met…
We met through Social Media.
We planned a family cruise to the Bahamas for Christmas in 2019. On Christmas day he led me to a cabana overlooking the prettiest blue water. We had drinks waiting for us in the cabana and steel drums playing off in the distance. We took in the scenery and discussed our vision for the future. He then told me what he feels for me and how our love has changed him. He talked about every moment in our relationship when he knew I was the one and then he got down on one knee and asked me to be his wife.
Describe your wedding style…
Our wedding attire was fall formal. I wore a lace-sleeved off-the-shoulder ballgown in the color almond Moscato. He wore a velvet burgundy tuxedo jacket with black tuxedo pants. Our style was moody romance meets urban whimsical dripped in Black excellence. We wanted a grown and sexy fall vibe.
We incorporated jumping the broom and God’s knot-tying ceremony.
Favorite wedding day memories…
Our best memory of our wedding would be the first time we saw each other during our first look. Time literally stood still for us. The moment was the magical feeling you get listening to your favorite song or watching your favorite love scene. It was pure serenity – perfect.
Advice for other engaged couples…
Have fun – be completely involved in the process! Budget to your reality – if it’s what you want, plan and save for your vision together. Get a planner or at least a coordinator. They will save you time and will know how to make your money work for your vision!
Looking for more chic wedding inspiration?
- Photography: Vision & Style Photography
- Wedding Planner & Designer: Distinct Event Planning, LLC
- Videographer: Prodigy Weddings
- Wedding dress designer: Essense of Australia
- Wedding salon: Kleinfeld Bridal
- Hair: Cjay from Malasalon
- Makeup: SC Defined
- Shoes: Dillard’s
- Bridesmaid dress: Azazie
- Ceremony & Reception Location: Milo’s Catering
- Florist: Prema Designs
- Cake: The Cake Studio
- Stationary: Lepenn Designs
- Groom’s Attire: Indochino custom design tuxedo INDOCHINO | Men’s Custom Suits
- Groomsmen Attire: Velvet jacket tuxedo and pant from The Black Tux close
- Groom’s Stylist: Chris Williams
- Broom, garter, memorial bouquet, card box: Donna Faye Creations
- DJ & 360 Photobooth: DJ Dommy Styles
- Quartet: Stephen Spottswood