Everything about LaToria and James Williams’ wedding screams elegance and class. Their romance began when they were introduced by a mutual friend, and they soon formed an unbreakable bond. James decided to propose to Tori when he took her on a trip to Miami for Valentine’s Day weekend. On February 13th he rented a yacht for the two of them, and he proposed during dinner.
James’ luxurious proposal was just foreshadowing for the extravagant nuptials they would share with their family and friends. LaToria had a strong vision for her wedding, so she teamed up with Eliana Baucicault of ellyB Events to create an atmosphere that was chic yet full of love and excitement. During their ceremony, all eyes were on LaToria as she walked down the aisle in a beautiful Lazaro ballgown. Their heartfelt vows left their family and friends in tears. After the touching ceremony, guests headed to cocktail hour where they munched on delicious lamb chops, and enjoyed a hookah lounge. The reception space was simply stunning featuring red, black and white décor, which included a plethora of red roses and tulips, a white dance floor with their monogram in the center, custom black and white linens, and a stylish lounge area for guests to mingle. Everyone jammed all night to a live band, and they were blown away when LaToria performed a surprise wedding dance to a Beyonce mix for James. Nadia D. Photography was there to capture every touching and exciting moment of this classy affair.
- Wedding Date: 03/09/2013
- Wedding Location: St.Regis Hotel Buckhead , Atlanta, GA
- Wedding Theme: Elegant and Very Classy, Black Tie.
- Wedding Colors: Red, Black and White
- Wedding Flowers: Red Roses
- First Dance Song: “Ribbon in the Sky” by Stevie Wonder
- Wedding Cake Flavors: Vanilla with butter cream icing and fresh strawberries in the middle.
- Wedding Menu Favorite: Lamb Chops Amazing
- Bridesmaids Gifts: Bridesmaid received jewelry.
- Groomsmen Gifts: Groomsmen received watches.
How They Met
We met threw a mutual friend. She knew the both of us and thought that we had a lot in common, and she was right.
He took me to Miami for Valentine’s Day weekend and the day before, February 13, 2012, he rented a Yacht for us. That day at sunset, he proposed during dinner. It was the most romantic experience of my life. It was beautiful, well planned out, and perfect.
I wore a Lazaro Ivory princess style gown with a lot of detail on the back of the dress that led down to the train. My favorite accessory was my shoes. I wore all swarovski crystal Christian Louboutin Peep Toe Heels. They were my absolute favorite.
My best memory was our wedding vows. We decided to write our own vows instead of the traditional vows. Our vows where honest, straight from the heart and meaningful. My second favorite memory of the wedding was the surprise wedding dance that I performed for my husband. I changed into a custom outfit and did a mixture of Beyonce songs and performed with back up dancers. He was very pleased.
Watch Tori’s surprise dance video that went viral on YouTube and was also featured on Inside Edition :
[youtube url=”http://youtu.be/U-qiV9jCgxk” width=”600″]
[youtube url=”http://youtu.be/ZwPNYXQ_ydk” width=”600″]
- Location: St.Regis Hotel Buckhead , Atlanta, GA
- Photographer: Nadia D. Photography
- Planner: Eliana Baucicault of ellyB Events
- Floral: Andy Beach and Co.
- Design: LaToria Williams, ellyB Events, and Andy Beach and Co.
- Wedding dress: Lazaro from Bridals by Lori.
- Bridesmaid and flower girls dresses: Bridals by Lori.
- Videoagrapher: Focal Blu
- Wedding Cake: Mark the Baker’s Man with Bakers Maninc
- Stationery: Paper Parfait