Maya and Andre’s fun yet timeless wedding was all about laughter and memories!
When Andre and Maya first met it was through an Instagram message that he sent her asking if she could be a model for his new apparel line. After their first date a year later, this cool couple both found themselves in love. On their second anniversary, Andre planned a trip to Europe for the couple. “Mind you, before this, I had my suspicions that a ring was going to happen during this trip,” Maya said.
Since the industrial chic wedding venue with its white-washed brick walls added to the understated theme of elegance, this motif was continued into the bride and groom’s fashion aesthetic. Maya wore a long-sleeved white, crepe gown that was sleek and solid, with a deep V front, and an intricately beaded back which formed the train. André wore all black. His tuxedo was custom-made by Suitsupply. It included a velvet double-breasted blazer, tuxedo pants, turtleneck and black suspenders with gold clasps. What made the ceremony even more special was that the date was an homage to both of their parents who got married in March just like our bride and groom.
As seen in our Winter 2021 magazine!
- Couple: Maya Barrow & André Revell II
- Occupations: Clinical Research Associate / Communications Strategist
- Location: Cadillac Service Garage, Greensboro, North Carolina
- Wedding Date: March 7, 2020
Tell us about the proposal
“He wrote a letter each day for the seven days leading up to our anniversary. He gave me another one at the airport, two on our first flight, one during the layover and another on the last flight to Paris. We checked into the hotel and I got in the shower and when I walked out, the room was covered with rose petals (3000 to be exact ). He had made a walkway with candles and “Blessed” by Daniel Caesar was playing in the background. Then he says “This is card number 7…but I’m going to read this one to you.” It was the proposal. Tears started falling and it took me a while to say yes lol. Then he gave me the ring. I couldn’t actually see it because it was dark but it was definitely sparkling in the candlelight. Then we kissed/hugged and when the part in the song “…I’m coming back home to you” came on we did a little slow dance.”
- Maya’s bridesmaids received custom slippers, custom pajama shirts, custom champagne flutes, earrings, eye & lip masks and face mists.
- Andre’s groomsmen received their gifts during the bachelor party. They included custom Yetis with their initials and André’s bachelor party logo with cigars.
- Gifts for one another: Maya received a custom leather jacket with “Forever Revell” matching the groom’s for the Big Exit and Andre received a gold herringbone chain, which he then decided to wear for the wedding.
- Ceremony entrance song: Daniel Caesar- Blessed
- First dance song: The O’Jays – Forever Mine
What is the best wedding advice you can give to engaged couples?
“Seek premarital counseling. We did premarital counseling six weeks leading up to our wedding, through our church. We completed six, in-person, two hour sessions with a licensed professional. These sessions allowed us to ask each other tough questions, address touchy topics and get Christian advice from a neutral third-party. We had homework and reading to complete, but it was well worth it. Remember: It’s your day. The day is about celebrating YOUR union, not a family reunion. You have a budget, so stick to it. Don’t feel pressure from others to make your day something it wasn’t intended to be.”
- Planning /Florals & Design: J. L. Evans Consulting
- Photography: Tory Bass Photography
- DJ: DJ KDOT
- Art/Stationary: Kelli Anderson
- Bridal Makeup: AmberLynne
- Bridal Hair: Zina Barrow IG @zinawarrior & Chante Robinson IG @chnnymarie
- Wedding Dress: Caceres by Pronovias Atelier
- Bridesmaid Makeup: IG @dare2bdiva
- Bridesmaid Dress: Kleinfeld
- Groomsmen Suit: ASOS
- Groom’s Shoes: Gucci Jordaan GG Velvet Loafer
- Bride’s Shoes: Evamarie by Badgley Mischka
- Bride’s Chapel Veil: Etsy
- Groom’s Suit: Suitsupply
- Linens: Party Makers Event Rentals
- Caterer: Visions Catering
- Dessert: Duck Donuts
- Furniture Rental: The Prettiest Pieces
- Photo Booth: Mehmet Demirci Photography