Kristofer and Melita “swiped right” to love when they met on the dating app Tinder in 2016. After communicating on the phone all day, they decided to go out on their first date. “During the date sparks flew right along with instant chemistry. It just felt right. The next few months we were inseparable,” Melita recalls. Two years later, Kristofer proposed to her at dinner in front of their best friends.
- Full Name of Couple: Melita Muhammad + Kristofer Thompson
- Location of Wedding: Millennium Gate Museum- Atlanta, GA
- Wedding Date: April 25, 2020
- Wedding Flowers: The only element of flowers in my ceremony was the bouquet. I didn’t see the bouquet until moments before the ceremony. I actually enjoy surprises and I was blown away at how nicely my bouquet was put together and how well it went with Kristofer’s suit. The flower colors were rich and bold. I couldn’t have asked for a nicer bouquet.
- Advice for Brides: Don’t lose yourself trying to micromanage the small details! I planned my wedding for two years just for it to be flipped upside down because of a pandemic and none of those little details mattered anymore. I promise you, the guests won’t know if the font on your save the dates matches the font on your formal invitations — they don’t care either!
How did COVID-19 affect your wedding plans?
Around February before the pandemic was officially announced in the US, I did a lot of reading on what was going on in other countries. It was around that time when I started to have a sinking feeling that sooner than later the pandemic would impact the wedding.
Our wedding would have originally been May 16, 2020 in Huntsville, Alabama. We were expecting around 150+ guests. Due to the pandemic and in addition to the wedding, we also had to forgo my bridal shower, bachelorette party, his bachelor party, AND our honeymoon.
Best Wedding Memories
Honestly, the best memory from my wedding was finally saying our vows. I love the fact that we made it happen during a pandemic. It further proves that love is not cancelled and will never be cancelled.
Wedding Advice for Engaged Couples
The best advice I can give to engaged couples planning their wedding during the COVID-19 epidemic is to focus on what you CAN control. So many things are out of our control due to the pandemic, but focusing on what you can control will ultimately bring you the most peace. You may have to improvise a few things here and there but the most important thing is a strong marriage over a wedding.
- Photography: Michelle Davina Photography
- Planner: Elope in Atlanta by La Soirée Chic Events
- Bride’s Dress: Lulus
- Bride’s Headpiece: Etsy – Dareth Colburn Designs
- Bride’s Shoes: Dillard’s
- Ceremony Venue: Millennium Gate Museum
- Florals: Fabulous Fox Designs
- Groom’s Attire: Express
- Bride’s hair: Haircrush Studio – Decatur, GA
- MUA: BriAnna Bradford “BeatsXBri, LLC”
- Wedding Officiant: Your Wedding Your Way
- Wedding Masks: Hey Lux