Every woman knows the line, “Father knows best.” Well for Alyce Cobb, her father did know best, as he was the one to find her true mate, Dimeji Ogunsola.
Although, the two strangers were not in agreement to meet, her family insisted as they both had a lot in common. Alyce and Dimeji are both attorneys and were close to meeting sooner, but fate had them take the long way. They both went to different schools but were close to attending the same college and law school. After the course of two years, Alyce finally made a decision to fly home to Atlanta for her brother’s birthday and meet the amazing man her father and family were very fond of. And guess what? They instantly connected! The bride shares, “we believe that we truly were destined to meet each other exactly when we did.”
After dating long distance, Dimeji decided it was time to make Alyce his bride. Dimeji pulled off a surprise proposal during a dinner party, and soon after the two began planning their classical romantic wedding. Alyce’s wedding dress was something out of a fairytale dream with its beading and embroidery sprinkled across the neckline, which trickled down to the most beautiful ball gown with a cap sleeve and a sheer back. The colors chosen were warm hues of lavender freesia and pale and purple hydrangeas amongst an array of lovely flowers picked for the bride and bridesmaids bouquet. The detail in the reception made their ceremony even more romantic as they were married below tall blooming branches of purple denodrobium orchid and purple hydrangea and lavender roses. The couple honored Dimeji’s Nigerian culture by including the traditional money dance where loved ones showered the couple with money as they danced to Nigerian music. They definitely accentuated their love within their celebration and Harper Noel Photography captured every happily-ever-after moment.
- Wedding Date: 05/30/2014
- Wedding Location: The Old Decatur Courthouse in Decatur, Georgia
- Wedding Theme: Classic Romance
- Wedding Dress: The wedding dress was from Allure Bridals and the skirt was English net with lace appliqués. The bride wore a cathedral length veil. She also incorporated her Duke colors by adding her lace garter with Sapphire and crystals.
- Wedding flowers: Bridal bouqet- allure and sterling garden roses, purple hydrangea, purple lisianthus, lavender freesia, and eggplant ranuculus. Ceremony flowers- tall blooming branches of purple denodrobium orchids and lavender rose petals to line aisle. Reception- purple hydrangea, sterling, allure , and oceansong roses.
- Wedding cake flavor: Red wine velevet & white chocolate with strawberry curd filling
- Favorite item on Wedding Menu: Rattlesnake sliders & Fried Macroni & Cheese balls
- First dance song: Lauryn Hill’s “Nothing Even Matters”
- Favorite Memory: Dimeji and his groomsmen completely surprised me by doing a choreographed dance to Bobby Brown’s “Every Little Step You Take” during the garter removal.
Don’t sweat the small stuff! Remember to focus on the love that the two of you share. That can easily get lost in all of the chaos and stress of wedding planning. Make sure to spend time building a partnership that will last for a lifetime.
- Wedding Dress Designer: Allure Bridals
- Wedding Dress Salon: Bride Beautiful
- Bridesmaids Dresses: Brides by Demetrios
- Hair: Jeanna Torregano, The Torregano Agency
- Makeup: Scoobie West
- Shoes: Badgely Mischa & Nine West
- Ceremony & Reception Location: Old Courthouse on the Square
- Photography: Harper Noel Photography
- Wedding Planner: Bailey Beaver of Bash Atlanta
- Florist: Kirk Whitfield of K & Co.
- Cake: Cake Hag
- Stationary: Tickled Ink
- Calligrapher: Amy Kicklighter, KickliArt
- Caterer: Zest Atlanta
- Rentals: The Rented Event
- Violinist: Stephen Lawrence
- Soloist: Rickey Waddell