Modern & classy wedding at the Speed Art Museum in Louisville, Kentucky boasts elegant decor, stunning looks, and touching tributes.
Beau Muniz and Courtney Lattimore first came into each other’s lives at the iconic grounds of the Kentucky Derby in 2013. Ending up beside one another in the concert area, Beau took the opportunity to introduce himself and they hit it off! Unfortunately, soon after the pair had to return to their respective colleges at the University of Florida and Miami of Ohio. They eventually reunited in Louisville, where Beau began working and Courtney started med school, and have been growing in love ever since!
Following a surprise tear-filled proposal at the Darden Business School at UVA, they said “I-do” in an incredible modern and classic wedding at the Speed Art Museum. Their beautiful nuptials had gorgeous gowns, luscious florals, and elegant details reminiscent of the beloved show, Bridgerton, including being married by the bride’s Godmother and serenaded by her 4th-grade flute instructor.
More sweet details on their love story below!
- Couple: Courtney Lattimore & Beau Muniz
- Occupations: General Surgery Resident physician at University of Virginia and Consultant at Bain & Co
- Wedding Date: Apr 09, 2022
- Location of Wedding: Speed Art Museum – Louisville, Kentucky
- Gifts for your bridesmaids & groomsmen: Bridesmaids received custom earrings and pajamas while the Groomsmen received monogrammed decanters.
- Gifts for one another: They wrote each other cards to open the morning of their wedding. Beau gave Courtney a gift box of wedding day-themed gifts including a tumbler with their wedding flowers on it and a map of the night sky over Louisville on their wedding night!
- Ceremony entrance song: Clair de Lune by Claude Debussy
- First dance song: Lover by Taylor Swift
How they met…
Beau and I met at the venue for the Kentucky Derby: Churchill Downs. It was June of 2013 when they had evening races. There was a concert being hosted in the paddock area and we both happened to be standing next to each other. He introduced himself and we hit it off!
We got engaged in August of 2020 when neither of us were attending any events due to COVID. Beau told me there was a small outdoor cocktail reception with some students and professors before he started his MBA program. When we got to campus we walked past a tent with no people in it and I began to wonder if we came on the wrong day…but I was completely shocked when he got down on one knee and proposed!
Their first look…
Wedding style, attire, & shopping experience…
We both went with classic looks. I wore a Martina Liana white fit and flare dress with an open back, clean lines, and no embellishments besides a large bow in the back! Beau wore a black tuxedo.
I really enjoyed wedding dress shopping and the dress I picked was the second one I tried on. At first, I was not convinced because it was different than what I had envisioned. I knew after trying on that dress that I wanted a dress with a bow, so I went to three other dress shops, but none of them compared!
Favorite wedding day memory…
Beau and I decided to write our own vows for the ceremony and it made that moment extra special for both of us. We still talk about our vows and the ceremony more than any part of the wedding!
Reception space & decor…
Wedding advice for engaged couples…
Wedding planning can be stressful, but do not forget to live in the moment of the engagement and wedding. Everything can fly by so quickly and these will be some of the best times of your life. Take a moment at the reception when everyone’s eating to pause and look around the room at all of your friends and family in one room together. It’s a memory we will never forget!
Looking for more modern venue inspiration like the Speed Art Museum?
- Ceremony & Reception Venue: Speed Art Museum
- Wedding Co-ordinator or Event Planner: Lynn Reynolds
- Photographer: Beth Seliga of 3 Cats Photo
- Caterer: Wiltshire Pantry
- Videographer: Film The Knot
- Cake: Sweet Surrender Dessert Cafe
- Florist: In Bloom Again
- DJ: Billy Sarge
- Musicians: The Concentus String Quartet
- Hair: Timeshia Dattilo
- Make Up: Lauren Quarles
- Bride Apparel: Martina Liana (dress designer)
- Bridal Boutique: Rebecca’s Wedding Boutique
- Shoes: Emmy London (shoes)
- Groom Designer: The Black Tux
- Bridesmaids Dresses: The Dessy Group
- Groomsmen: The Black Tux
- Alterations: Michelle Thomas Alterations
- Rentals: All Occasion Event Rental
- Décor: In Bloom Again
- Save the Dates, Invitations, Programs, Menus, & Signage: Camille Grossi Petruccio from Impress Event Branding
- Bridesmaid’s Earrings: TrendingAbove Jewelry Brand by Alyssa Bove