Set at the iconic Memphis venue, The Guesthouse at Graceland, Lisa & Cameron Hill tied the knot in an elegant glam wedding.
The loved-up couple first met while studying at Vanderbilt University back in 2008; however, their actual love story didn’t begin until several years later. A chance meeting at a mutual friend’s dinner party turned into the sweetest love story for these two!
On that fateful evening, Cameron (who is notoriously punctual) happened to be running late. When he finally arrived, the last open seat just so happened to be next to Lisa. She recalls, “We began talking and immediately hit it off. We eventually exchanged numbers with the hopes of getting to know each other better. A few months later, we made our relationship official.”
After a meaningful proposal at The Biltmore Estate (which is owned by the Vanderbilt family, paying tribute to their alma mater), the pair finally said “I do” on April 17, 2021, in Lisa’s home-state of Memphis, Tennessee. Their elegant glam nuptials was filled with emotional moments with family, a blind first-touch before walking down the aisle, and a night of dancing.
More sweet details below!
- Couple: Cameron Ladell Hill & Lisa Leneé Virdure Hill
- Occupations: Cameron Hill is a Design Engineer and Lisa Hill is an Orthodontic Administrative Assistant
- Wedding date: April 17, 2021
- Wedding location: The Guest House at Graceland in Memphis, Tennessee
- Gifts for their bridesmaids and groomsmen: The bridesmaids received velvet monogrammed makeup bags, lace robes, matching silver earrings and bracelets to wear to the wedding, and monogrammed champagne flutes. The groomsmen received monogrammed copper Moscow mule mugs, a pair of sunglasses, and “groomsman” socks to wear to the wedding.
- Gifts for one another: The groom gave the bride a beautiful silver pendant necklace and the bride gave the groom a set of golf clubs.
- Ceremony entrance song: “U Move, I Move” by John Legend featuring Jhené Aiko
- First dance song: “Every Time I Close My Eyes” by Babyface featuring Mariah Carey
How they met…
Cameron and I first met in 2008 while studying at Vanderbilt University. While we did not know each other very well throughout college, we were always cordial in passing. Several years later, at a dinner party, fate would bring us together.
That night, Cameron, who is usually very punctual, happened to be running late. When he finally arrived at the party, the only open seat remaining at the dinner table was right next to me. We began talking and immediately hit it off. We eventually exchanged numbers with the hopes of getting to know each other better. A few months later, we made our relationship official. And this is where our love story began.
On December 20, 2019, Cameron took me on a trip to Asheville, North Carolina to see The Biltmore. The Biltmore Estate belonged to the Vanderbilt family, so this was an exciting trip since we both attended Vanderbilt University. We took a private tour of the estate, with the tour ending at the top of a large hill. It was here, overlooking the historic grounds of the famous Vanderbilt mansion, where Cameron got down on one knee and asked me to marry him.
Glamourous, elegant with a touch of formal
I wore a beautiful fit-and-flare, off the shoulder Martina Liana gown with a lace embroidered cathedral length veil. The groom wore a European cut midnight blue tuxedo with black lapels from Generation Tux.
Wedding shopping experience…
My wedding dress shopping experience was absolutely amazing! I purchased my dress from Maggie Loiuse Bridal in Memphis, Tennessee. I went in with an open mind and tried on several different styles. Eventually, I finally decided that I wanted a fit and flare/trumpet style wedding dress. I narrowed it down with ease to two dresses-both Martina Liana gowns. However, choosing between the two dresses was one of the hardest decisions I’ve ever made.
After trying on a veil with my dress, I was overwhelmed with emotion and broke down in tears. I felt absolutely beautiful and knew that my dress was The One! I made a decision on the spot and was ecstatic! However, not too long after leaving the boutique, I immediately started second guessing my dress choice. I began panicking. I ended up going back to the boutique later that same day to try on the two dresses again and ultimately stuck with my first dress. As soon as I put it on again, I knew I had picked the right gown. It was perfect!
Their first touch…
An emotional first look…
Here comes the bride…
After we were announced as husband and wife, we jumped the broom. Jumping the broom was a symbolic way for enslaved people in the American South to recognize their marriages. This tradition was a way to honor our ancestors and served as a final blessing of our union.
Best wedding day memory…
One of our best memories from our wedding was our “blind” first look. While first looks are very popular, we decided to do a “blind” first look rather than seeing each other before the ceremony. We wanted to ensure that when we met at the end of the aisle, our emotions were as authentic as possible.
Although we couldn’t actually see each other beforehand, it was nice to feel each other’s energy and simply be in one another’s presence. We were able to hold hands, pray, and shake any nervous jitters out before the ceremony, all without actually looking at each other. This was a calming moment for us both, but also built up our excitement and anticipation to finally say “I Do!”
Wedding advice for other engaged couples…
Take a few moments with your spouse on your wedding day to really bask in the moment. This could mean having a private dinner with just the two of you or having a final dance alone in an empty room before leaving for your grand exit. Your wedding day is a whirlwind and goes by so quickly. Try your best to take it all in! And have fun!
Looking for more venue ideas like The Guesthouse at Graceland?
- Wedding Dress Designer: Martina Liana
- Wedding Dress Salon: Maggie Louise Bridal
- Bridesmaid Robes: Kennedy Blue
- Bridesmaid Dresses: Avery Austin
- Bridal Hair: Janeese Martina
- Bridesmaid Hair: Kristin Watson
- Makeup: Catari Lopez
- Shoes: David’s Bridal
- Ceremony and Reception Location: The Guest House at Graceland
- Photography: Esmee Kyles of Incredibly Wee Photography
- Videography: Authentic Visuals
- Wedding Planner: Nicole Moore of Purple Door Planning
- Florist: John Mark Enterprises
- Cake: Cakes by Lydia
- Stationery: Minted
- Event Designer: Daria Greene with One Fab Affair
- Groom’s Attire: Generation Tux
- Groomsmen Attire: Generation Tux
- 2nd Shooter: Shira Wilson