Today we have a wedding video that will make your heart smile. Camille and Dorian Dargan could not hold back their tears as they exchanged heartfelt vows at the rustic Green Building in Brooklyn, NY. Our newest Coterie member, BE Films, captured the most beautiful footage of this creative DIY wedding. Camille planned the wedding herself, and called on the help of friends and a day of coordinator to ensure it was a success. Their bridesmaids and groomsmen were allowed to buy their own wedding attire from the store of their choice. Camille’s bridesmaids created their flower headpieces, and various friends provided lighting, make-up, and DJ services! During the reception, guests dinned on soul food and enjoyed the rustic and romantic atmosphere Camille created using flowers that were purchased from Sam’s Club! This wedding proves that your big day can be absolutely gorgeous without breaking the bank. Every aspect of Camille and Dorian’s wedding exudes spirituality and sincerity and we know you will be touched by their wedding video.
- Wedding Date: 07/21/2013
- Wedding Location: The Green Building, Brooklyn, NY
- Wedding Theme: Sweet Brooklyn / God’s Love was our inspiration
- Wedding Flowers: Sams Club!
- First Dance Song: “Beautiful” by Musiq Soulchild (I’m from Philly!)
- Wedding Cake Flavors: Red Velvet
- Wedding Menu Favorite: Catfish
- Bridesmaids Gifts: Etsy robes, diamond earrings and antique jewelry dishes
- Groomsmen Gifts: Suspenders
[vimeo url=”http://vimeo.com/71214151″ width=”600″]
My flower hair pieces were made by one of my bridesmaids.
Incorporation of Culture
Our food was Southern which helped us incorporate our ancestry. The most important thing we did was incorporate God. He kind of transcends culture and was our main focus and the main guest of honor.
Most Memorable Moment
My best memory from my wedding was our whole ceremony. It was very spiritual and love-filled, my husband serenading me, and our bridesmaid/groomsmen speeches.
Enjoy the process. don’t stress out. And have a receiving line at your wedding (I wish I had done that so I could have gotten all the pictures taken care of at once).
- Camille’s Blog: http://www.camilledargan.com/
- Dorian’s Blog: http://doriandargan.com/
- Wedding Planner: Myself. Our day-of-coordinator is Jove Meyer
- Invitations/Stationery: Exclusively Weddings & Wedding Paper Divas
- Ceremony and Reception Location: The Green Building, Brooklyn
- Wedding Dress: RK Bridal & David’s Bridal
- Bridesmaids Dresses: Everyone bought their own dress from various stores!
- Grooms Suit: J Crew
- Groomsmen Suits: Everyone bought their own from various stores!
- Hair: Dominican Hair Salon in the neighborhood
- Make-up: Devon Fitzgerald (Friend)
- Shoes: DSW
- Photography: Laura Ivanova
- Videography: BE Films
- Florist: Sam’s Club!
- Wedding Cake: Vintage Cakes
- DJ: Family friend
- Lighting: Family friend